three

3 days later
——
Strangely, I had really gotten used to the Mikaelsons, although they fight like dogs half the time, they would truly do anything for each other and their bond is unbeatable.

I woke up in the large room I had been sleeping in over the last course of nights, it was a clean room, not a single bit of dust in sight. The bed was comfortable and most nights I fell asleep in seconds. The door began to open and Klaus walked in,
"Morning love, how did you sleep?" he grinned.
"Good. Although, you did keep me up a bit if I'm being particularly honest here." I replied.
"What do you mean?" he smirked.
He knew exactly what I meant.
"When you bring women into this house, try and keep it down." I laughed.
"And who's house is this?" he asked.
"Yours." I answered, rolling my eyes.
"Don't forget you are human, stop being so stubborn, I can turn you whenever I please." he spoke with a smirk on his face.
"Threatening guests now are we Niklaus?" said Elijah, leaning on the bedroom door.
Elijah was kind, even though he was an original he was a lot more friendlier than his brother, Klaus. He was fond of his suits and keeping his word.
"I would never do such a thing." Klaus laughed while sitting down on the bed next to me staring deep into my eyes.
There it was again, that moment, that strange moment where I felt butterflies all through my stomach, there was no reason. Yes, he was an attractive man but I sure was not in love with him.
"What are your plans today, Adeline?" Elijah said, making the tension between me and Klaus stop.
"Uhm, I'm not sure. I'll probably just walk around New Orleans." I replied.
"No, you must not go alone, you could get hurt." Klaus quickly spoke.
"I may do what I please." I stubbornly replied, getting out of the bed and making my way to the bathroom to get ready.
I began to run the shower,
"Adeline, be careful." Klaus spoke from behind.
I turned round to face him, I knew he cared, it was obvious.
"I will, I promise." I smiled.
He was still standing there, so I began taking off my night clothes in front of him just to tease him, he saw and looked away respectfully.
"Adeline, stop. I'll leave first." he laughed and then left, shutting the bathroom door on his way out.
——-
Hope y'all like the book so far!! Please vote and maybe comment x

-lucy