CHAPTER 49

December 14, 2022
11:03 pm

It's been exactly 10 days since the tragedy and everyone were still coping with another huge number of deaths happened. Lisa gave a private burial for her 4 deceased employees and Baekhyun manipulated their families' memories to change the setting where they were killed. In their heads, they didn't die in the building.

It was a little cruel to think how unfair it was for them but they had no choice but to do it for the sake of their identities.

The injured ones, Rosé, Sehun and Kai, were still staying in the hospital. They needed some time to fully heal their wounds, especially Kai, who almost died as he was left cold blooded for a long period of time before the angels arrived. He was critical but lucky for him, Eunwoo came before he meets more angels.

As for Jennie, she was still mourning Irene's brutal death that she kept remembering every night ever since she died. She still can't believe her friend died just like that.

All she can do is hope she's in a better and safe place right now. She deserves that.

Today, Lisa lets Ashley become a temporary manager for a couple of days. She knows she was a literal teenager but Lisa trusts her and served this as a training for her to become a successful businessperson someday.

Lisa took everyone on a trip, a short freedom to think and just relax. She brought them to Guryongpo Beach which is a little far from Seoul. That doesn't matter anyway, she can take them to Europe or America and she'll be fine.

"Learn to control it, Jen."

The brunette breathes heavily, "I'm trying," she mumbled with her one red eye and dark veins along her forearm.

Lisa walks towards her and held her both shoulders, "We have been doing this for more than a week, Jennie. You just need to focus," she told her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Let's go again,"

She moved a few distance from her and stands in a white sand, meeting eyes with Jennie's different ones. The veins in her arm start crawling up to her shoulders, to her neck and to her jaw. If Lisa's being honest, Jennie looks really wicked right now. Her skin was pale and she has this aura that screams evil at some point, however, it can't be helped.

Jennie is only one step away from turning into a demon anyway.

Lisa has been helping Jennie control her shapeshifting ability, which the brunette just recently discovered when she was following Lisa behind to meet up with some professionals. She magically transformed herself to a literal black swallow when Lisa turned around. Starting that day, she kept trying to change her appearance into some animals and even supernatural creatures.

She also thinks Jennie can imitate anyone around her. Lisa thinks if she can do that, they will have a huge advantage against the dark side.

After her few tries, they both decided to take a short break and reunites with the rest of the group. They rented a hut that fits exactly for them, just a table and benches with an umbrella over their heads.

Everyone was there, talking to one another or taking a nap. Nichkhun, on the other hand, didn't stay there and stands by the shore instead. They planned to have a lunch but when Jennie noticed the angel isn't there, she took the chance to approach him to finally talk to him.

She clears her throat silently, "Uh, would you join us for lunch?"

Nichkhun kept staring at the sea, "I'm full," he answered.

"Right, okay. You can come if you uh, changed your mind." She's about to walk off when she suddenly remembered the main reason why she's here standing near him. "By the way..."