5

"Is there something on your mind?" Yibo woke up to a cold bed, and found Xiao Zhan sitting on his desk, appearing to be in deep thoughts. "You can always think out loud, share it with me, you know, I'm here baobei..." he stretched his delicious naked body, and grabbed a training pants on the floor, then walked behind Xiao Zhan and gave him a kiss on his hair.

"I just thought that, this was all too easy," he kissed Yibo's hand, and pulled him down to his lap. "You know, I guess I could use a second opinion." He looked at the beautiful young man in his lap. "See, someone contacted Nie Huaisang, the Fixer, to set an appointment with me. He acted like a crazy man, but at the end, he revealed his true face, and I don't like it, it's like he gave us Wen Ning just like that. I knew the Tracker. He's very very strong and he killed like a madman. I've had...few head to head confrontations with him before, and he was a very skilled fighter. There's no way he let us grabbed him that easily, he will definitely fight to the death."

"What about the Soul Snatching needles? You've said that it will control the impulse of any man or alien?" 

"But you see, Wen Ning became very disoriented with the needles, and I saw no hesitation at all in the Tracker that I've met. Different movements. Different clothes."

"You were saying..."

"They were 2 different people."

"So what do we do now?" Yibo shifted in Xiao Zhan's lap.

"I guess, we have to find out who Wen Ning really is."

-----

"Ooohh, are we going to interrogate him? Let me let me!" Xue Yang became very excited at the prospect of torturing people.

"We're trying to find out some information, not bury him six feet underground, Xue Yang..."

"You never let me have some fun now!" He sulked, pouting.

"Later, later, after I finished getting information, now go play with the kids..."

"Now, I became a babysitter, it's not fair..." he grumbled in super sulky mode.

Xiao Zhan walked into the room where he put Wen Ning last night to rest, but he was not inside. Xiao Zhan looked around, and his gaze fell on the window. He walked closer to the window, to see his children were running around outside, playing with none other than Wen Ning. The man looked menacing, but he was actually a very gentle soul, it's making the children like him, but he knew that he had to do this sooner than later, before anything else could happen to his precious family. He braced himself, and walked outside.

"Papazhaaaannnn.." the twins are running toward him, as soon as they saw him, and hugged him hard. "Papazhaaaannn, Wen Ning here is super fun!! Can we keep him? Pleaseeee..?" 

"Babies, he's not a dog, but tell you what, why don't you see papabo and ask him if he wants to take you to your cousin Jingyi's place? Hmm?" Xiao Zhan looked at Fei, who understood immediately, and peeled the babies from Xiao Zhan.

"Come, let's go to cousin Jingyi's place, we can get ice cream later with papabo."

"Yayyy, ice cream!!!" And they run inside to find their clueless papabo.

"Your Highness." Wen Ning bowed to Xiao Zhan.

"Wen Ning." He motioned Wen Ning to follow him to the gazebo near the pond, and sit there. "So, listen here, I'm going to be straight with you, it's the least I can do."

"You want to know if I was an impostor or the real Guardian."

Xiao Zhan only raised his eyebrow slightly. 

"It's only natural to assume the worst, Your Highness, and I really do not know how am I supposed to convince you about everything, but I assured you, that I would rather die, than betray you." He bows deeply. 

"In that case, tell me everything, starting from the beginning. How did you end up in their custody?"

-----

Everything is dark.

The last thing Wen Ning remembered was that his father told him with urgency in his voice, to protect the King with his life, and then he shoved him to the teleportation portal, before he could do anything. He felt like his body's being torn into hundred pieces, and he screamed and screamed until God-knows-when.

He opened up his eyes, just to find darkness all around him. He did not know when or where he was right now, but he remembered what his father had told him, that he had to protect the king with all his power, and one of his powers was to find out the location of the King, as long as the King used his power. So he waited, and waited, and waited.

Until one day he felt that trickle on his spine, alerting him of the presence of his King, and he teleported, straight to the heart of The Mill.