Chapter 10

As I finish my first mafia assignment, I excuse myself to the patio. I take a lighter and a pack of cigarettes from my thigh holsters. My lips were curled just enough over the cigarette to feel the heaviness fill my mouth and go down my throat. Despite the little stick, I took a deep inhale and let out a cloud of smoke.

A month ago I was living in park benches in Central Park. Now I live in the Hamptons working for the mafia. I wonder how my parents would feel about this.

I inhale one final time and drop my cigarette on the floor, crushing it with the tip of my heel. Making my way back.

"Where have you been?" Diavolo ask as I sit down next to himat our table. "I just went to the balcony to see the view"
"Oh really? Because you smell like cigarettes"

"Why do you care?"

"I dont, it's just I dont like liars."

"Fine! I went to the balcony to smoke cigarettes. Better?"

He rolls his eyes, "Tomorrow, you'll be assisting me at work, Be ready by 6am sharp. It takes us an hour to go to Manhattan so you better be not be late." he says harshly

Wow just wow, an hour ago you were dancing with me like the night was young. Now you're back to being the grumpy bitch you are.

"I also need you to build a following on Instagram. You're practically on every headline now, the people want to know who you are" he says showing me each headline made of me.

"MYSTERIOUS GIRL HANGING OUT WITH FAMOUS FERRARI MONET FAMILY"

"MYSTERIOUS GIRL PARTYING WITH DIAVOLO LUCIA AND ENZO"

"MYSTERIOUS GIRL KNOW AS SALVATRICE MAKES VOUGE VIDEO"

"Goddamn, mysterious girl this and that. Cant they get a life?"

"Nope. The paparazzi are the celebrity stalkers. That's what they do."

I create my instagram account entering my email phone number. I use a picture of me in my camera roll and set it as a profile picture.

"My instagrams @salvatricecostello." I show him. He types my name on his phone and follows me unfollowing someone else.

"Oh my god. You really need to follow 666 people? Your devil ego is way to high."

"Well what can I say my name is Diavolo afterall. And plus it has to match the 666 million people following me" he says smirking.

"How much followers do you have?" He ask.

"I just started my account, I just have you!"

He grabs my phone to take a selfie with me. He poses with a shock face as I smile holding a peace sign. "There, maybe you'll get some more followers. Instantly I have about 30+ notifications liking my post and following me. I post two more pics, one with Lucia and one with a pic of me taken from a friend.

"What's Lucia's insta?"

"luciamonet."

I nod in response tagging her in my insta post as I then stalk her account.

Lucia's Instagram page resembles a Pintrest girl that everyone aspires to be. Her instagram is basically where all of the photos on Pinterest come from. She has photographs of me shot by Enzo, pics of Enzo, photos of Enzo and Diavolo, photographs of her, and photos of all the locations she has visited. She's the it girl which everyone aspires to be or befriend.

The only thing on Enzo's Instagram is a group photo of the trio: Enzo, Lucia, and Diavolo.

If you need help envisioning their instas heres them:

While Lucia and Enzo are nowhere to be found, Diavolo and I concentrate on my social media accounts until Enzo summons us to the limo in the parking garage. The paparazzi were following me and Diavolo down the street, asking questions about us.

As we enter the parking garage to get into the limo, we both choose to ignore them. During the hour-long car trip home, I fall asleep. I'm tired and my eyes hurt from all the lights I saw.

When I enter the house I see leds flashing music playing and pink balloons scattered with a sign saying "CONGRATS SAL!"

I smile as Lucia hands us all champagne cheering at the good work we've done.

"I know what you did isnt as big what you'll probably do later on. But me and Enzo are proud of you, and thankful for you."

We take some pictures for the night and we all hit the couch as we watch greys annatomy together before heading to bed.

It makes me giggle to see them laugh and filp off charachters become enraged when a character irritates them. This is one of the first occasions we've bonded as a group. The laughter is real, and everyone appears to be having fun. Im the first one to leave heading to bed for tomorrow is my first official day of regular work.