Chapter 7

Eva POV

Once I got home to Virginia, I was surprise every day with a delivery of flowers and a note attached.

The first day was lavender roses with the note: Every time I'm away from you, my heart is like, "Well, this sucks." ~ I laughed as it seemed like something Julian would say.

I call Julian immediately.

"Hello angel." He answers.

"Hello to you too babe." I respond.

"So what did I do to deserve a phone call from you?" like he doesn't know.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Now for being a pain in my ass." I pause for effect before continuing. "For the flowers goofball. Actually it sucks to be away from you too." I admit.

Silence on the other end of the line.

"Julian."

"Yes angel. Do you mean that?"

"Of course I do."

"I think part of me will always be waiting for you." He confesses.

"Julian?"

"Oh look at the time angel. Have a meeting I don't want to be late for. You know me. We'll talk later." He rushes.

"Ok, bye."

"Bye." and he hangs up. That was kind of odd, even for Julian, I think.

Quickly I shake the thought knowing what I have to do for the day.

Second day was a grouping of lilies with the note: I don't want to say that I have separation anxiety when you're gone, but I'd be a lot happier if you just never left. I miss you too. I thought to myself. I tried to get ahold of him after lunch, but he must have been busy. I just ended up leaving him a voicemail telling him Thank you and telling him that I miss him too - very much actually. I was finding every day harder to be without him and it had only been like three days since I'd seen him.

You love him, you idiot. My wolf scolds.

So. You miss his wolf too. I pout like a child.

I'm not the one holding us back. She shoots back.

I have stuff to do here. I counter.

Sure. Are you afraid to love again? She questions.

I'm afraid to put my heart on the line again. You know that. I rant.

He's always loved us. You know that. Five years - isn't that security enough. She pushes.

No! I yell back and cut off our link temporarily.

I didn't have time to deal with this. The girls would be home soon, and they were a handful without dealing with my nagging wolf.

Third day were pink roses with the note: I need someone who won't give up on me no matter what. Now this seemed very fitting considering the shit that the bitch Danielle put him through.

Today I text him.

E: I didn't give up. I just had to follow the path fate had for me.

J: I realize that, but I have a lot of baggage.

E: Baggage I can handle.

J: But how much baggage?

E: All you can throw at me, Julian Le Tourneau.

Hearts On Fire (Book 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara