24

When Lukas bit into the marked neck of the omega, his intention had really only been to piss some people off and coerce Jin into staying by his side. What he hadn't expected was the pain.

His fangs had barely pierced the tanned skin when he felt the heat in his own neck, causing him to retract immediately with a loud groan. His knees were on the ground and the blue-haired beta was screaming at him louder than he thought a wolf could ever be. Jin was on the ground in a similar state an arm's reach away, cupping over his turtleneck and tears racing down his flushed red cheeks.

Taehyung had no idea what was happening, his mind trying to form plausible theories amidst the adrenaline encouraging him to fight or flight. He was worried about Jimin, his brother slumped unconscious in his chair and bleeding from an angry bite; he was worried about the pack doctor who had finally risen with the loud commotion; he was confused about the apparently mated duo clutching their necks as if they were the ones in pain. He faintly heard the call of an alpha above his own screaming, only silencing himself when the doctor beside him grimaced and groaned with a look in Taehyung's direction.

He didn't mean to bombard the man with questions as soon as he woke up. He was clearly malnourished, clearly beaten up and most likely not in any condition to answer. But his anxiety was shooting through the roof. If he didn't get answers within the next few seconds, Taehyung thought it was highly probable he could combust right there, tied up in a cabin in the middle of nowhere.

"What happened to them?" he demanded in a rush. "Is Jimin gonna be okay? Are you gonna be okay? How long have you been here? What the fuck is going on?"

The doctor opened his mouth to speak, blinking to clear his blurry vision and getting his first look at the scene before him. A blue-haired beta who, all things considered, seemed relatively okay despite messy hair looking like it had been pulled; a tied up omega with similarly messy hair passed out with blood coming from his mouth and neck; a purple-haired omega crying and writhing on the floor; and the kidnapper himself sporting bloody fangs, crouched and dry-heaving beside the chair.

"I... I don't--"

The doctor was interrupted by the cabin door slamming open, the smoky scent of agitated alphas thickening the air and becoming near-suffocating. Taehyung, as a group of relievingly familiar faces began to untie his ropes, could make out the sight of Namjoon in the distance shifting to his human form, someone offering him a set of trousers that he tugged on so fast he almost fell over before dashing inside. In a blur, the three victims were untied, Jimin and the doctor being carried out while Taehyung remained inside the cabin with Namjoon to deal with Lukas and the purple-haired omega.

The pack leader let out a fearsome growl that had the omega whimpering, offering his neck in submission. Taehyung tensed at the sound, only withstanding the need to submit because he was mated to the alpha. Lukas, already on the ground, flinched from the head alpha and retreated towards the wall where he looked up, visibly intimidated and shaking.

With a sickening crack, Namjoon's foot connected with his jaw. Lukas could barely let out a cry as he was rendered unconscious, falling to the floor. After calling for two alphas near the door to tie up the criminal and take him to the basement of the pack house, Namjoon's eyes landed on the omega.

"Tie him up," he ordered the men, his eyes never leaving the purple-haired's sight. "I don't know where he stands in this mess, but he'll be undergoing questioning until we find out."

The room cleared and the Luna was finally left with his mate, allowing himself to break down when faced with the sudden quiet. He jumped into the Alpha's arms, squeezing him tight enough to prevent Namjoon from getting a full breath. He silently cried, only realizing how much his throat hurt when he began trying to tell his mate about everything he could. But the Alpha cut him off hastily, greedily allowing himself to forget about everything outside and everything around them for just a few moments to embrace his beloved in peace and rid himself of all the anxiety that had accumulated in the past week.