7 ~ The Skatepark is Fun But it Hurts to Fall

On their way to the skatepark, Miya wanted to ask Kuritoma about the flags in xeir room. "Hey so, I saw those flags in your room and, I know what the rainbow one but I dont know what the other ones are. Could you maybe tell me what they are?" Kuritoma thought about it for a second before pulling out xeir phone to pull up the flags to make it easier to explain. "The pink and blue one is omni, it's a lot like pan if you know what that is?" Miya nodded, "Yea that's what I am I'm pretty sure." Kuritoma was happy with that, not having to explain pan to Miya. "Okay well it's a lot like pan but the difference for me is I have a male preference when it comes to my crushes on people. I still like girls, I just prefer guys. The yellow, white, purple, and black flag is nonbinary. I'm surprised you don't know that one, seeing as your friend Langa uses they/he pronouns but its okay." Xe said with a smile.

"What about the other one, it was purple, white, grey, and black i think?" Miya asked trying to remember what colours the flag was. "Oh! That one's asexual. It just means I dont like sex." Kuritoma smiled again at Miya. Miya stopped and looked at Kuritoma surprised. "That's a thing?" Kuritoma stopped and looked at Miya a little scared this time. Was Miya going to say that xe didn't know if xe didn't like sex yet? "Uhmm... yea, I don't find people physically attractive or 'sexy' I guess. And I don't want to have sex with anyone."

Miya was still a little shocked. "That's so cool! Actually if that's a thing, I might be asexual too." Kuritoma smiled at Miya again, happy that he wasn't going to invalidate xem, though xe never thought that he actually would. They started walking again and Miya spoke up again. "So why'd you move to Japan anyway?"

"My dad got a job as an English teacher, and the pay was way better than in Canada so we moved here." Kuritoma said while grabbing Miyas hand again. "Makes sense, so you know english too? Maybe you could help me with my english homework later." Miya laughed while squeezing Kuritoma's hand. Kuritoma smiled and kept walking.

They got to the skatepark and Miya tried to get Kuritoma to use xeir board more without help. "I don't know if I could stay on Miya. I don't think I'm stable enough." Miya frowned but stayed determined that Kuritoma could do it xemself. "I think you can do it Kuri. I believe in you." Miya said to xem. Kuritoma stepped on xeir board and started to push off, xe was going along good for a few seconds before xeir wheels were stopped by a rock that the two hadn't seen. Xe flew forward and ended up scraping xeir elbow on the concrete.

"Kuri! Are you okay?" Miya rushed over to xem with his bag. He took some napkins, hydrogen peroxide, and bandaids out of his bag. "Here lemme clean you up. I always keep stuff in my bag incase I fall on my own board." After Miya cleaned up Kuritoma's scrape he pulled the bandaids out of his bag. "Now, I'm sorry for not having 'normal' bandaids but, I dont like the look of them so I usually get either coloured ones or cartoon ones." Kuritoma smiled at Miya. "Thats okay, if you have any purple ones, those would look good on me don't ya think?" Miya let out a small laugh as he took purple bandaids out of the box.

"Do you want to get back on your board? Or do you want to go home? I can take you back again." Miya offered after finishing fixing Kuritoma up. Xe smiled and grabbed Miya's hand to walk home. Miya grabbed both their boards and handed Kuritoma xeirs. They walked to Kuritomas apartment in silence, enjoying eachothers presence and squeezing hands every so often.