Chapter 1: The Curse

——————————🥀——————————

Once upon a time, in the hidden heart of France, a handsome young prince and princess lived in a beautiful castle.

Prince Adam sat on a throne being prepared by servants. They decorated his face in make up and powder and placed a curly wig on his head. 

Although he had everything his heart desired, the prince was selfish and unkind.

Meanwhile, a young girl of about 12 stood in the corner silently watching her brother get ready. She had (h/l) (h/c) hair, pretty (e/c) eyes and (s/c) skin. This was princess (Y/n).

His sister on the other hand, was the opposite. She was sweet and kind and beloved by everyone inside and outside of the castle. Although she too could have anything her heart desired, the only thing she really wanted was her brother's love. But the prince was even unkind to her.

A man stood in the doorway holding a pocket watch. He looked at it and saw that it was time for the party to begin. "Master, it's time." He informed the prince.

He taxed the village to fill his castle with the most beautiful objects.

The prince motioned for a servant to bring a candelabra closer so he could admire himself in the mirror. Satisfied, the prince stood up and looked over to his sister who was patiently waiting in the corner. He looked her up and down with disappointment, for her dress was not as extravagant as he had wanted it to be, and she didn't want to wear any makeup like her brother. Without saying a word, the prince gestured for her to follow him to the ballroom, which she did.

And his parties with the most beautiful people.

In the ballroom, the prince snapped his fingers and the music started. The ballroom was filled with a number of beautiful girls in gorgeous gowns. The prince was sitting on his throne while his sister sat next to him on a smaller throne looking bored. Once the women started to dance, the prince got up from his seat and walked over to dance with one of them while a woman started to sing.

🎵"Oh how divine, glamour, music and magic combine. See the maidens so anxious to shine. Look for a sign that enhances chances. She'll be his special one."🎵

The prince moved from one woman to the next, while his sister remained in her seat shaking her head at her brothers' arrogance. She didn't want to be here. She would rather be back up in her room curled up on her bed with a book. But she knew if she left, she'd never hear the end of it from her brother. So she sat and watched with a bored expression.

🎵"What a breathtaking, thrilling array. Every prince, every dog has his day. Let us sing with passion, gusto, fit to bust, oh. Not a care in the world!"🎵

Suddenly, the party was interrupted by someone knocking on the door. The doors flew open and a big gust of wind blew out all the candles as a figure in a cloak entered the ballroom.

Then one night, an unexpected intruder arrived at the castle seeking shelter from the bitter storm. As a gift, she offered the prince, a single rose.

At this point, the princess had gotten up from her throne and stood next to her brother. The kind girl smiled at the old woman and told her that she could take shelter in the castle. The old woman smiled and thanked the young princess and held the rose out for her to take. She reached her hand out to accept it, but before she could, her brother snatched it from her and started laughing.

The prince was repulsed by her haggard appearance and turned the old woman away. But she warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within.

The princess tried to reason with her brother to let the old woman stay, but as usual he ignored her.

When he dismissed her again, the old woman's outward appearance melted away. To reveal a beautiful enchantress.

Upon seeing the enchantress, the guests fled the palace while the prince fell to his knees and the princess looked at the enchantress with a mixture of awe and fear.

The prince begged for forgiveness, but it was too late. For she had seen that there was no love in his heart.

Seeing that her brother was in trouble, the young princess apologized and begged the enchantress to forgive him. The enchantress looked over at the girl and pitied her. For someone so beautiful and kind as her did not deserve to live with a brother who was so cruel and selfish.

The enchantress cast her magic on the princess; golden beams of light swirled around her until she eventually disappeared. The prince watched in horror as his sister disappeared and begged the enchantress to bring her back, but the enchantress said that he didn't deserve to have her as a sister.

As further punishment, she transformed him into a hideous beast and placed a powerful spell on the castle and all who lived there.

The prince doubled over in pain, as his appearance began to change. He grew fur, and horns, and a tail, and he let out a thunderous roar.

As days bled into years, the prince and his servants were forgotten by the world. For the enchantress had erased all memory of them from the minds of the people they loved.

The once bright and extravagant castle was now dark and gloomy. Dark clouds hovered over the castle and a permanent winter also surrounded the area.

But the rose she offered was truly an enchanted rose. If he could learn to love another in some sort of way, and earn their love in return by the time the last petal fell the spell will be broken. If not, he would be doomed to remain a beast for all time.

Up in the west tower, the enchanted rose was under a glass case. The beast placed his hand on the glass, watching as another petal fell.

As the years passed, he fell into despair and lost all hope. For who could ever learn to love a beast?

——————————🥀——————————