Chapter 14: The Last Petal

——————————🥀——————————

As all the villagers were all clamoring out of the castle, Beau and (Y/n) arrived on Philippe. They just hoped they weren't too late.

....

Gaston climbed up the spiral staircase that led to the tower where the beast was. The beast had his back to Gaston, and didn't notice him. He tossed his torch off the roof and pulled out his pistol.

"Hello beast." He called.

The beast turned to look at him.

"I'm Gaston. (Y/n) sent me." He informed him.

The beast looked away in sadness.

"Do you love her?" Gaston mocked. The beast didn't answer. "Did you honestly think she'd care about you?"

The beast felt his heart break at his words. And another pain shot through him as Gaston shot him in the shoulder. He let out a growl in pain, and fell off the tower onto the roof of another tower clinging onto the shingles.

Gaston reached for his arrows, only to see that they were gone. He turned around and saw    (Y/n) holding them, a look of fury on her face.

"(Y/n)." Gaston said in surprise. (Y/n) snapped his arrows in half.

"Where is he? Where's my brother?!" She demanded.

"Your...brother?" Gaston asked.

"Yes, my brother. Where is he?" She asked again.

"Don't worry. He'll be dead soon enough!" Gaston told her.

"No!" (Y/n) lunges at him, and tried to grab his pistol. The two struggled for a while before Gaston pushed her against the wall, and grabbed her face in his hand.

"After I kill that thing and get rid of Beau, we will return to the village you will marry me. And that beast's head will hang on our wall!" Gaston said.

"Never!" She spat.

Gaston grabbed his pistol, and aimed at the beast, but before he could shoot, Beau grabbed him from behind and pulled him away from the girl. The two wrestled with each other, but then the ground started shanking and the floor they were standing on broke away, causing Gaston to fall down to another section of the castle and his pistol fell further down. He quickly raced off to get it.

"Are you alright, did he hurt you?" Beau asked cupping (Y/n) face in his hands and looking her over for injuries.

The girl placed her hands over his. "Yes, I'm fine. Thank you." Beau kissed her forehead. "Quick, we have to help my brother."

The beast was still clinging to the roof. "I'm coming for you beast!" Gaston yelled.

He was making his way to his pistol, Beau and (Y/n) following close behind. The beast jumped from tower to tower trying to escape, while Beau and (Y/n) tried to get to him. The two climbed down the staircase to an entrance, where they saw the beast climbing the roof.

"Adam!" (Y/n) called.

"(Y/n)." Beast whispered, not believing what he was hearing. But when he looked over, he saw her standing there. "(Y/n)!" He yelled back. "You came back!"

"I tried to stop them!" She explained.

"Stay there! I'm coming!"  The beast leapt onto a platform, but Gaston jumped in front of him. He broke off a piece of the castle as a weapon and hit the beast twice, knocking him back onto a bridge. Underneath, parts of the bridge started collapsing. Gaston kicked the beast to the other side of the bridge and stood in the middle.