chapter five

"George?" Dream puts a hand on his arm.

"Dream!" George quickly sits up. "Dream I've been trying to talk to you."

"George I know. That's why I'm here." Dream gives a soft smile.

"If you know then why don't you let me know you're okay? Why have you made me suffer Dream?" George sniffles.

"George don't cry, please. You're making this so much harder." Dream sits down and wraps an arm around him.

"Harder for what? Harder for you? The least you could do is tell me what I did wrong!" George fights back tears.

"I know George, I know. You did nothing wrong I promise. Okay?" Dream slowly rubs his back. George was never one for affection, but being next to Dream after almost a month felt good.

"Please don't leave Dream. I want you to stay. We had so many plans together." Tears slip out of George's eyes.

"I have to go now George. I promise I will come back soon, okay?" Dream gives a soft smile.

"Wait Dream-" George's voice cracks.

George wakes up in a cold sweat. His cheeks are wet.

He runs his hands though his hair and takes a few deep breaths.

Just a dream is all.

George rolls over and grabs his phone.

Hey Dream

It's been a month now. I guess I've done weekly check ins at this point, apart from my occasional calls.

If you're gonna ignore me, at least don't show our messages to anyone? It's kind of embarrassing how desperate I sound...

People keep calling me Dream, I don't want to tell them you've left me. I'm afraid to hear what they'll say.

Maybe Sapnap will say you've seemed fine the last month and you don't miss me. I'm scared of the truth Dream.

Anyways, I think I'm gonna just relax at home today. Not that I don't already do that everyday...you know what I mean. Talk to you soon.

Love, George.

----

After a long shower, George logged onto his computer. He opened the DreamSMP and began walking around.

He walked to his house to grab a few things before entering Dreams house.

He checked to make sure Dream wasn't on before entering his base. George clicked through Dream's things, searching for any sign that he had been here. Dream didn't come on the server much, but you never know.

Sapnap joined.

George froze. Sapnap had been calling him nonstop since his little night out last week and George was scared to answer. How did Sapnap know he was on?

Sapnap: George call me now.
Sapnap: What are you doing on here where are you

George scrambled out of Dreams base, quickly trying to put his things back before going to hide.

Tommyinnit: Sorry George
Tommyinnit: He threatened me I had to tell

Of course it was fucking Tommy.

George shifted around and hid in some trees. He watched Sapnap's character look around for him. George felt bad blocking him out, but he couldn't face him right now.

Sapnap: George this is really your last chance before I make this a bigger deal than it needs to be. Call me by tonight or else. I'm serious George.

George scanned the message as Sapnap logged off.

What does he mean by or else?

George left the server and turned off his PC out of anxiety.

Technically, if George is busy tonight, there can't be any consequences.

George
Do you want to do something tonight? You could come over if you want.

Tyson
Yeah sure! Lmk what time.

George sighed in relief. Something to get his mind off of his guilt.