Cherry's in Trouble

*Joe's pov and some more months
later*

I haven't talked to Cherry in 4 months. I hope he's happy with Adam. I've come to realize I do have feelings for Cherry. It hurts that he choose him. But... I'll get over it...
Just then a call interrupted my thoughts. I look at my phone to see Cherry calling me. He's calling me!

I pick up the phone and answer "Hey Cherry..."

I hear sobs and realize something wrong.
"Cherry!? Wait what happened! Please, tell me something! Anything?!"

"H-He... He broke up w-with me... He told me I'd never b-be enough for anyone... I-It hurts to realize I never meant that much to h-him... He made me think I actually mattered to someone... But he changed... A-About four months ago... H-He m-made me b-b-block you..."

"Cherry, where are you? I'm coming to you."

"I'm f-five minutes from your restaurant..."

I sigh. "Okay, I'll be waiting for you..."

I close up the restaurant just in time for Cherry to get here. I bring him to my bedroom in the back of the building.

"Okay, Kaoru, breath... Take a breath and start from where you left off."

He takes a deep breath and begins again, "He thought y-you were too close to me... So he m-made me block all contact with you..."

"That's why you blocked me... I promise I'm not mad at you, okay?"

He shakes his head 'yes' and starts again, "H-He was abusing me... P-Physically and emotionally... I-I snapped today and said 'It's exhausting to have to pretend to be happy around you' which wasn't entirely a lie... I loved him and everything was a-amazing... Unless he was having a bad day..."

"Kaoru I-"

He interrupted me and stated, "I wasn't f-finished... A-At first I was pushing you away because you deserved someone better than me... You all do... Then he forced me to end contact... I-I want to believe you thought about me... But you probably didn't... My selfish ass pushed you away..."

"Kaoru... I thought about you every day... Okay?"

"L-Liar... Adam said no one would even notice if he snapped and accidentally killed me... I thought I was going to DIE today Kojiro!! And you didn't even come looking for me!! It's easier to deny these feelings than to explain them..."

"Kaoru... I'm here, and that's probably not enough, but it's all I got..."

"I'm gonna quit skating Ko..."

That nickname... He only uses it when he's serious...

"Why?!"

"Adam raced me last night... He won... So what's the point in trying if he's proven I'll never be good enough to beat him?!"

"Do you remember why we started skating? Or did you forget? You don't wanna end up alone, Kaoru..."

"We started skating because it was thrilling. It was fun. It was an amazing occurrence. But if I can't beat him I don't want it..."

"He's just one person... Cherry... Please..."

"It sucks, because... I want to hate him... I want to hate Adam. But I can't!! I still love his pathetic ass Ko..."

"Kaoru... Please... We can skate together to remind you what it's like... I just want to skate together again..."

He opens his mouth to say something but he closes it. I have to sit here and wait for his response... Please Kaoru I want to skate with you again...

"Kojiro... I just...-"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lol, Matchablossom brain rot. Have fun waiting for what Cherry responds with :))