What's This Feeling

I never ever felt this way around Ainosuke. I know it's not love but, what is it? I don't hate him and it's definitely more than a friendship thing. But how? This is stupid... Feelings are complicated. Plus he lied to me, so Kojiro could too. I shouldn't take a chance. I could be lied to again. Taken advantage of again. All he's gonna do is use me then I'll lose my only place of comfort too.

"Sorry for pushing it. I know I should've shut up... But I wanted to know what was wrong... I want your real feelings."

"It's fine Ko. I don't mind just don't do it again." I make my normal snappy remark, and Kojiro smiles at it.

"Can you come back over here...? I feel lonely without you in my arms."

Liar. You're just truing to get close to me.

"Uh huh... Keep that up and I'll start thinking those girls you flirt with aren't the only ones your having dreams of at night."

As soon as I'm in his reach he pulls me as close as he can into a warm cuddle. He feels so warm... It feels like I can let my guard down around him, but that's what he wants me to think.

"Shut up..." He mumbles softly.

"Oh? You didn't deny it?"

"I don't dream of you Princess."

A light shade of pink flushes across my cheeks for a second.

"Princess? That's the best you could come up with? Really?"

"Oh I'm sorry! Would you prefer Prince?"

It feels nice to playfully bicker with home again.

"No. But I'm not either of those things. Keep dreaming."

"You are to me. And I told you I don't dream of you."

I know... I'm not that special...

"And for some reason I don't believe you."

He's cute. But I can't get too close.

"Why? I've done nothing to make you believe otherwise!"

" 'I feel lonely without you in my arms' 'princess' 'Would you prefer 'prince" 'You are to me.' " I say in a mocking tone.

He's adorable... What. Is. This. Feeling. Its gonna drive me crazy.

"What does any of that have to do with my dreaming habits?"

"Seems like you think about me more than you'd like to admit. Meaning you dream about me too."

"That does not mean I dream about you."

"You're probably right... You probably don't even think about me..." I softly mumble.

"What...? Kaoru? I'm always thinking about you... Okay...?"

Shit! I said that outloud! Play it off...!

I let out a small snicker.
"Oh really?"

That sounded real enough, right?

"You. Are an asshole."

"Oh I know. And you don't have a brain."

Don't push him away but don't let him get to close.

"Yes I do! Just cuz I do dumb shit doesn't mean I don't think about it first."

"So you're just an idiot?"

"Precisely! ... Wait! No!"

I snicker. That was adorable... What am I thinking? Why is everything so confusing! I need to know he'll stay... But how...

*Kojiro's pov*

He tricked me into saying that. Little brat. He's cute. But I can't have him... Think about all those hot girls in the world. I like girls. And only girls. I. Don't. Like. Kaoru. I want him to trust me tho... But how can I make sure he knows that I'll always be here...?

_________________________________________

I'm sorry it's so short! Hopefully i'll have enough time to give you guys another chapter soon! So stay tuned!