𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒖𝒎𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒚

~𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐄~

......

"𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠, 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠, 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑎𝑔𝑖𝑐"

~𝐂𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚~

......

"My mother told me you have to be kind and dare to defy the expectations set upon you.

Do you have the courage to let people see the real you?"

......

Carena lost her mother at a young age from a plague racking through the kingdom of Ayanna. The plague ran through the land, a curse on the people of Ayanna for stealing the source of Rajni magic, the goblet of life. Carena was then placed into the care of Lady Mileva and her two daughters, Thea and Saige.

Growing up with the Vestalis on the outskirts of Ayanna was a change from her previous life. In Lady Mileva's castle, Carena's status of a simple commoner changed to that of a personal maidservant to the lady and her two daughters. No matter how cruel and impossible the Vestalis got, Carena would keep kindness in her heart.

As the years came and went, Carena grew into a beautiful young woman. It did not go unnoticed by Lady Mileva as she moved Carena into the attic and was only allowed to use the servant entrances. Carena was giving the worst chores out of the servants who served the Vestalis. However, the kindness she showed towards the other servants brought a piece of warmth through the darkness and cruelty.

War in Ayanna got worse as Rajni ravaged the kingdom and killed all royals on sight. The King and Queen were the first to perish, followed by the lords and ladies. She now controls Ayanna's and feasts her eyes on Camelot, hoping to conquer it one day when it weakens.

It didn't take long for King Uther to ask Lady Mileva and her two daughters to journey to Camelot and seek refuge in his castle. Lady Mileva accepts as she travels to Camelot with her daughters and Carena in tow. Carena didn't want to leave the servants behind but knew they would be safe.

Now, in Camelot, Carena struggles to find her place in a kingdom that is harsh and cruel to each other and to the magic users. Even though Carena knows magic is evil, she cannot help but feel sympathy for those born different, as they didn't choose this fate.

It is there Carena meets him, the Prince of Camelot. Their first meeting was less than graceful, but it was a moment neither would ever forget. The way Carena cares for his subjects strikes a chord in his heart that Arthur will never forget.

However, peace is not in Camelot's cards. 

Soon, sorcery, good and evil, is on the rise in Camelot as Rajni grows more powerful, and so do her followers. Carena will be put through trials as a secret threatens to show who she is as the danger rises. 

Will Carena have the courage to rise above and show her true self? 

Or will she fall short even as the ones she loves need her the most?

"𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑘 𝑤𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑒 𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑙𝑦 𝑎𝑟𝑒"

~𝐂𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚~

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃: 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟐𝟕, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒

𝐄𝐍𝐃: ? ? ?

......

DISCLAIMER: I do not own BBC's Merlin or anyone from the series. I only own Carena and any other original characters that I created in this story. This will follow Merlin seasons 1-5 loosely. I will follow the original plot of both seasons but go about it in my own way as if Carena and my original characters were in the show. I will also add some AU at the end of this story.

P.S: I want to thank everyone who is going to or will read this story. I have wanted to write this story for a while but got discouraged by all the fantastic Merlin stories out there. I always had this idea but didn't know how to make it come alive from my brain to the computer. Please don't forget to comment and vote on my story. I would appreciate it.

P.S.S: This book is a rewrite and a little different than the original one I published in 2021. The plot and characters have changed slightly, and rereading from the beginning would be a good idea.

-𝑀𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑛𝑎𝐵𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑘