𝒊𝒊. 𝒗𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒕

𝐓𝐖: 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐠𝐞, 𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐞, 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆: 𝐄𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

......

Wisps of my loose white hair blew as I rushed through the castle's halls, moving around servants.

The castle was alive as the tournament was going to begin, which meant more work for me and the other maidservants around the castle.

I didn't have to help the maidservants prepare the castle for the different knights participating in the tournament or the banquet.

But I wanted to.

So many helped me through the first couple of months. I didn't know the first thing about being a maidservant in the castle, and they helped me through it. It was the least I could do for them in return.

"Don't leave me."

I dropped to my knees as Wren cried before jumping into my arms. I rubbed her back as sobs racked her body.

"I have to, little one." I sighed.

"Then take me with you." Wren pleaded.

It was hard for Wren because I was the only one she trusted.

After the abuse and everything that Wren went through in the orphanage, she let me in. But it would take a while until she let anyone else in.

I pursed my lips. "It's too violent for you. You're only four. There could be death and blood, and I don't want you having nightmares."

"Don't leave me here with that wicked woman," Wren told me in fear.

My heart broke that I couldn't save Wren from seeing the cruelty of Lady Mileva. It was easy to hide the bruises on my ribs from last night. I swallowed the pain and woke up early to dress before Wren. But there was nothing I could do regarding the words spilling from Lady Mileva's mouth.

"I'm not leaving you with Lady Mileva," I said. Wren took a breath, slowly calming down. "I'm leaving you with Catherine."

"Truly," Wren asked with a slight smile.

I smiled. "Yes, little one." Wren jumped into my arms again. "Now, I need to go." I pulled back. "I'll come back."

"You promise," Wren asked.

I pulled my black dragon from the silver chain around my neck from my dress and kissed it. "I promise."

Wren grabbed her gold dragon, doing the same.