Road Trip (Special)

“Are you ready to go?”
I quickly check my stuff. “Yes, I believe so.”
I run towards Tony to give him one last hug before Joe and I leave on our little road trip.
“Have fun.” Tony whispers in my ear as he hugs me tight.
“I will.” I say. I kiss him on the cheek, grab my stuff and run to Joe. Joe puts his arm around me and guides me outside. We put the last of our stuff in the back of the car. Then we wave Tony goodbye and start the car for the beginning of our little adventure.

I take a deep breath and relax in the car seat.
My parents didn’t agree with me going on a three-day road trip with Joe. Shortly said, they don’t know he is my boyfriend now and the only thing they’ve heard is the bad news going around the school. However, they left on another business trip two days ago. They usually don’t tell me how long they will be away, but I made use of some of Joe’s ‘contacts’ and figured out they will be gone for two weeks at least. Enough time to go on the forbidden little road trip we had planned.

“Are you okay?” Joe asks, noticing my anxiety. I take a deep breath.
“Yeah. I’m fine.”
I’m sure he knows I’m super anxious, but he doesn’t ask any further questions. He puts his hand on my leg, knowing it’s a simple gesture that can calm me down. Then he turns the music up. It gives me the feeling that it’s really only me and him on this road, leading to the middle of nowhere.

“We arrived.” Joe says softly, waking me from my sleep. I sleepily look out of the window to see absolutely nothing. I rub my eyes and look again, but there really isn’t a thing to see except for a lot of grass and trees.
“Where are we?”
“Just come out of the car, I’ll show you.”
Joe already told me we would be doing some ‘surprise activities’, but I wasn’t expecting a random forest.
I stumble out of the car, still a bit tired. Joe gets out of the car too and then runs around to help me out. I shake my head and take a deep breath to shake off the tiredness. Joe takes my hand and leads me into the forest. There is no road, not even a little path, but Joe seems to know the way. I trip over a branch and fall.
“You alright?” Joe asks.
I nod. Once I’m on my feet again, Joe picks me up and carries me further. I punch him on the chest.
“Put me down, I can walk perfectly fine!”
“You fell and if you get hurt we have a problem. Besides, I’m not going to put you down, so I don’t know how you want to get down.”
I cross my arms and pout while Joe carries me further.
“Oh don’t look so sad now.” Joe says. “You might tempt me if you keep looking like that.”
“Tempt you to what?” I ask.
Joe grins. “You are so innocent.”

After a few more minutes Joe puts me down. I am a little confused at first, but when I turn around I see what he wanted to show me.

It’s a beautiful valley. A small stream flows down the hill through a field of bright green grass. Little flowers in all the colors of the rainbow grow everywhere. A big oak tree in the middle of the valley provides shade. It’s a fairy like sight.

Joe hugs me from behind.
“I often come here when I need a break from the world. Here it’s really only nature and you.”
He kisses my neck softly. I smile and once I break myself from his grip I start laughing.
He grins. “I’ll give you a ten second headstart, you better get ready!”
I run away giggling. As I sprint down the hill, I hear Joe started running too. I take a sprint and jump over the small stream, trying to reach the big oak tree. Right before I reach the tree, Joe jumps in front of me. I bump into his chest and we both fall on the ground. I lay in his arms, catching my breath and laughing. I hear Joe’s voice rumble in his chest when he speaks. “Got you.”

He hugs me tight and kisses the top of my head. In the end Joe turned out to be a lot sweeter than he might look. Sure, he has aggressive tendencies, but if he cares about you he is always there to help and protect you.
I turn my head and kiss his neck softly. He grins. “Do you really want to do that?”
I play dumb and answer: “What?”
I kiss his neck again. He growls as he flips us over. He leans on his elbows as he looks at me with a hungry look.
“You really can’t stop tempting me, can you? You’re lucky that I like you, little banker boy, or else you would’ve been real fucked up now.” He whispers. Then he chuckles. “Not that I’m saying I won’t fuck you up. Oh just wait, my love, this will be unforgettable.”