INDEX

If you are confused with terminology I hope you find this. 

United Earth Governing Alliance (UEGA)

The UEGA is the Unified government of Earth and her colonies and was founded in 2098 after the nuclear Third World War. It considers itself a democratic republic, but in reality functions more as a authoritarian regime having become what it had sworn not to become due to near constant war. It was re-established as it was originally intended in 2562 after "Charter Reauthorization Act" which restored government powers. 

Unified Military Command (UMC) - "Colonial Command"

The UMC is the armed forces of the UEGA and consists of the Interstellar Naval Command, Airforce, Marines, and the Army. All operate under the UNC Banner. It became the de-facto government from 2432 until 2562 when the war against the Insurrectionists ended. It later underwent a major restructuring to get rid of corruption. 

Interstellar Naval Command

The INC is the main military force in the UMC and often is the main branch that holds both the Airforce and Marines within itself. 

Insurrectionist 

A group of people who are in violent rebellion to the main government 

Expanse Soveirgn Union 

The opposition to the UEGA they are in opposition to highly regulatory laws that restricted the independence of the outer colonies. However it became a fascist state early in its inception. 

Reapers 

A group of civilians who's higher brain function was destroyed when exposed to Chemical D4-RNMD which causes them to become animalistic, often working in packs, and prone to attack anyone who is not afflicted. Some are smarter than others retaining natural abilities to pilot vessels. They often remain in their own space, though will leave to absorb people to keep their numbers up. They also have been known to kidnap women and children to procreate and raise them as their own, often exposing them to DR-RNMD. Contact via saliva causes degradation of the prefrontal cortex first, they often become erratic and disturbed, later the  limbic system becomes completely destroyed destroying the emotional memory part of the brain. 

There is no known cure, those infected are often left behind or euthanized to prevent further contamination.