"It's accident..." XIAOXREADER

It was dark, and he was utterly exhausted. Xiao hated being fatigued, he felt powerless. He was ready to head towards Wangshu Inn and rest for the next couple of days. He was already imagining his little hammock tucked away in the corner, suspended into the darkest corner of the attic, with him sleeping away peacefully undisturbed.

What he didn’t expect to find in his little makeshift room were boxes, a used mattress, and trinkets; they were not his. Well, if it was Verr Goldet’s, he’d have to inform her that he had been residing within the attic. Specifically, the beams. If she needed the space, then so be it. This place was not his to run but to protect. 

They can’t get the jump on him if he is resting where they can’t see him.

He sighs and pops the joints in his neck, he’ll tell her about it tomorrow. Right now, all he wanted was to rest. 

“Hah, I’m tired.”

His heart sped up, eyes narrowing and with the agility of a cat he jumped up and silently heaved himself up a beam. He crouched and watched from above. If it was a threat, he’ll exterminate them silently. If it was just some employee, he’ll wait for them to retreat before coming down to look for his hammock. He silently snarled. Having to wait for rest was beginning to irk him severely. 

He watched you come through the hatch from the floor below and close it behind you. He had never seen you around before, granted that he was away for a bit. Perhaps a new employee? Did he have to run a background check on you? He often did so for the sake of Verr Goldet’s family and this place. Not right now, though. He just wanted you to hurry the hell up and leave. 

You rummaged through the boxes and trinkets, looking for something in particular. You even threw some articles of clothing aside. Some were casual, others were. . .of questionable fashion. Was that lingerie you just threw aside? He winced.

Then it clicked. The boxes, trinkets, a small used mattress. Ah, these things must’ve been yours.

Wait a moment, yours? Your things are here? You were going to live here? You were intruding in his personal private space and he was having none of it! He’ll just jump down, tell you to leave, sleep, and then talk to Verr Goldet about it in the morning.

That is until you started stripping.

Xiao was embarrassed. 

‘This foolish mortal.’ he thought to himself as he looked away. The last thing he needed with his sleep-deprived body was a racket and screaming. Once you fall asleep, he’ll sneak out of there through the window need be. He’ll just sleep on the roof for the night. 

Once the ruffling of clothes stopped, he took a peek from above. 

The moonlight and single candlelight illuminated your features nicely. You had dressed in a light blue nightgown that accentuated the perkiness of your breasts. Xiao had to take a short breath. 

He felt slight disgust from the feelings that erupted from within his stomach. 

You walked towards the mattress perched on the wall and brought it down. You placed it right below him. He silently cursed as you laid yourself as he shifted closer to the shadows, he prayed to the archons that not one limb was visible. He prayed the night would end soon. He prayed for you to fall asleep so he could take his leave.