𝟬𝟭

01 — xiao's best friend

🌬┊͙୭̥⋆*。

A WILD ROWDY WIND BLOWS through xiao's teal hair— a wind he did not expect, a wind that startles him. he looks up at the sky and notices the sun is setting, and makes a mental note to head back to his dorm soon. xiao isn't one for studying outside on a park bench, but today he's decided to take his sister ganyu's advice. she's been endlessly telling him how a change of scenery can be beneficial for the soul. he mentally admits that she may be right, for he's noticed that he's retaining the information for his biophysics final a little better.

his last final is tomorrow. his last final, and then xiao would officially be a college graduate. he hasn't figured out what was next for him, which was strange on his part— it was part of his nature to have things planned out almost years in advance.

xiao is looking forward to graduation and seeing his family again after what feels like decades. he knows to expect a three to four-hour phone call from hu, ganyu and qiqi after tomorrow.

"xiao," says a voice from afar, that he knew all too well, "i didn't know you'd be here."

albedo, his chalk blonde roommate appeared, a fellow that wasn't one for talking. xiao is semi-relieved to see him.

"hey," the teal-haired male says quietly, "i could say the same for you. what are you up to?"

another gust of wind— xiao tightly holds onto the biophysics book on his lap. his blonde-haired, aqua-eyed friend takes a seat beside him, and places his backpack between his feet.

"i was feeling slightly worried about tomorrow's final, so i decided to take a walk to clear my thoughts," says albedo, not once changing his stoic expression.

his teal-haired roommate only scoffs. "you're a genius. there is nothing to be worried about in your case."

"for the last time, i am not a genius," replies the other.

"are too."

"am not."

"are too."

"am not-"

"okay, this is tiring me out," xiao concludes, and albedo nodded in agreement.

"xiao," says albedo after a long period of silence, "i know that i am not the best at understanding and reading people, but something is telling me that something else is troubling you. am i mistaken?"

something else, indeed.

someone else, rather.

someone that had strangely been clouding his thoughts— someone from the distant past, who he hasn't seen for quite some time (a euphemism— it has been many years since he'd last spoken to this person).

xiao only grunted. you know me too well, albedo, he thought. it was only when albedo was concerned about xiao that he asked about his feelings and expressions— otherwise, he leaves xiao to his own thoughts, which was how he liked it.

"i know you won't want to speak of it, so i won't pry," albedo says, bright aqua eyes not once averting from xiao, "but as you know, i will be here if you need me."

"thanks," mumbles the other, "it's stupid anyway."

very stupid, indeed.

a/n:HELLO I HOPE U ENJOYED THIS OMF, this is different from what i usually write so i'm actually really excited but i really hope you guys like this so far !!!! i'm planning to not make this that slow

a/n:
HELLO I HOPE U ENJOYED THIS OMF, this is different from what i usually write so i'm actually really excited but i really hope you guys like this so far !!!! i'm planning to not make this that slow.

in the book tired i do qotds but for this book we're only doing kiss marry kills ok

kiss marry kill:
xinyan, xiangling, hu tao

my answer:
kiss xiangling marry xinyan kill hu tao because she would be the most reasonable to kill 😃

HDKRJFKFK AND I LOVE XINYAN WITH MY WHOLE HEART SO