Chapter 2

Over the days, we race away, avoiding slayers or Rui killing them with his spider webs. During one day, I curl into brother as the sun makes it unbearably hot. Brother uses his webs to make us clothes and the heat isn't as bad.

"Brother." I look at hem. His red eyes look at me "I need to hunt tonight." I say. "As do I." He says and he lifts the blind over the hollow hole. The sun rushes in and I get burned, dropping to the shadows. "SISTER. no, I'm sorry." He panics. Only my arm was burned, looking at, it heals with an angry red scar.

Without consuming human flesh, I don't heal like normal demons do. But the sun can still kill me. Hours go by, we spend it sleeping and when the sun does down, the new moon rises and with it, my hair turns to a watery blue. The one day a year that I'm weak, the night of the summer solstice.

Rui hunts for us, I eat the wolf he brings and it gives me strength. The day is about to break as we come to a mountain and we run in as the sun chases us. Finding an old house, we get in as the sun bathes it. "That was close." I say and than freeze as I sense someone.

Rui looks behind hem, I do the same and we see a spider demon. My form shifts back as Rui gets in front and creates his webs. The spider demon looks and stands up, Rui crouching in defence. He comes over and kneels, wrapping his arms around us and drawing us to his warm chest.

At first, Rui struggles till the warmth seeps into our bodies and he stops, laying his head on the demons chest. "My children. Your home." The spider demon says as he sits and we snuggle into his chest. "Father." Rui whispers as his body shuts down and we fall asleep.

A few days later, Rui gives Father some of his blood and Father grows in strength, he even gives me blood but it almost kills me, leaving me bedridden for a week but I recover and now have two blood demon arts.

Blood manipulation, exactly as it sounds and blood web prison.
Months later, mother stumbles into our home and Rui bloods her along with two sisters and brothers. Out of all of us, Father is most protective of me and Rui.

I'm walking the outskirts of the forest when a net goes around me and I'm pulled out and in front of a group of demon slayer's. "A perfect demon for the final selection." One says and I'm thrown over the leaders shoulder. "FATHER. MOTHER, RUI." I scream for help but my voice is lost.

What's going to happen to me.

I don't know nor can I think as the man walks and I stair at the mountain that has become my home. Tears fall and one of the slayers see as the sun sets and the night comes and with it, the winter solstice. My hair turns as I become half demon.

"She........is she human." I hear. "I'm half." I cry "Please, let me go." I say. "Lets bring her to master." Another of the group says and I struggle hard. I'm hit hard in the head and I black out.