Chapter 2

Nepenthe
Something that can make you forget grief or suffering.

NepentheSomething that can make you forget grief or suffering

"You're pregnant?!" Bucky said with a huge smile on his face.

"That's amazing news doll! Steve is going to be so happy, " Bucky babbled while picking up Vivienne and spinning her around.

After placing her back on her feet however he noticed she didn't share the excitement. Instead, she had a more serious maybe anxious look on her face.

"Arent you happy about this baby?" Bucky questioned with caution.

"I am. I truly am. There's nothing that I want more than to have a family with Steve. I was going to tell him yesterday about it but then he had to leave on this mission. Then I thought I'd tell him when he gets back but now with this new invention of Starks, I don't know how to feel about it, Buck. What if Steve wants to go back to his old life?"

Vivienne looked to the ground, tears pricking at the back of her eyes. A part of her thought she was being a bit unreasonable but there was a nagging thought at the back of her mind. She knew how much Steve had loved Peggy.

"Don't be silly, doll. Steve loves you. He married you. You're carrying his child. He got over Peggy. You helped him do it, doll. Have trust in him. He has no reason to go back."

Bucky pulled Vivienne into a tight hug. Even though the girl relaxed into his embrace, she could let go of the uneasy feeling.

~~~

The next two days went by rather quickly. Tony informed Steve and the rest of the team that was out with him about his great new invention, he didn't mention what it was, only that he was dying to show them as soon as they got back.

Vivienne used the time Steve was away to go to the doctor for an ultrasound. After the appointment, she decided to stop at the park near the tower. She watched to kids run around and play. She wondered how her baby would look. She hoped he got Steves ocean blue eyes and dirty blond hair.

Lost in her thoughts of the future, she didn't realize the time go by until she felt a hand on her shoulder. Jumping up in reflex she gave the owner a harsh punch across the cheek.

"You know if it wasn't for the serum that would have certainly hurt more, " Steve chuckled as he rubbed the cheek his wife had just punched.

Vivienne ran around the stone bench and jumped into the soldier's arms wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist as he held on to her like life itself depended on it. She nuzzled her face into his neck breathing in his woody scent as he buried his head into her hair.