Chapter 12

We had reached Sammy's office and the ink has indeed finally stopped. Uncle Henry opened the door with a satisfied look.

I took a look around the room. I noticed the writing on the wall.

It's time to believe

I went over to the desk on the far side of the wall. There I found a blueprint of what appeared to be the ink machine. Then I noticed the radio and decided to hit play. It was a nice upbeat little tune that appeared to be on repeat.

I took a look beside the desk and found a book in the trashcan. It was another copy of the Illusion of living.

"Huh. I guess someone didn't like the book." I say. I grab the book out of the trashcan. I study the cover and opened the book to skim the pages. I found it interesting. So I decided to take the book with me.

I swung around and placed it in my backpack. Luckily, none of the contents have been touched by ink due to my bag staying zipped closed.

Then I return to Uncle Henry's side. By this time, Uncle Henry had already flipped the switch, draining the ink from the staircase.

"Come on. Lets go. The stairs should finally be drained." He said.

"Yay." I say, heading down the hall. I turn the corner and froze when I hear a thud. I look behind me. I first see Uncle Henry on the floor. I notice the figure standing over him with a dustpan in his hand.

"Sammy?!" I yelled. He looked at me. My body went into complete fight or flight mode. More fight than flight with Uncle Henry here.

"Do not fear, Little Sheep. No harm shall come to you. However, you will come with me."

"What do you want, Sammy?!"

"All shall be explained. Come now, Little Sheep." He grabbed Uncle Henry and threw him over his shoulder and walked down the hallway.

"Its (Y/N)." I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry. Short chapter. I promise you!! They'll get longer.