Chapter 17

The rest of the class crawled by extremely slowly. Mr. Johnson had occasionally gotten up to say a few words about Elijah. It mostly included good things.

Ok I lied. All of the things were good, which kind of started to piss me off.

Almost all of the girls in the class were an emotional mess as Mr. Johnson had his little Elijah speeches. He was crying just as hard as all the girls.

The three girls who had left for the library did not return to class until the very last few minutes. I'm not sure why they took so long. All they had to do was sit down and spill out their sadness to a counsellor. Why did that take an hour and ten minutes?

When the bell finally rang, I got up feeling relieved and walked to my English class. The feeling of relief quickly faded as I walked through the doorway. Our English teacher looked just as bad as our Social Studies teacher.

Like I had expected, our teacher was way too emotional to teach us anything. I shouldn't complain that much though, cause that meant I wouldn't have any homework. I guess that's one of the good things that came from this whole incident. No homework.

English class went by almost like a replicate to Socials. A few students went to the library, the teacher cried like crazy, and our teacher also said a bunch of lies.

"He was such a good student and in general, a great person." Our teacher had spewed out around the whole class.

I was slowly getting to my boiling point. If only they knew how much of a monster he really was. How evil he was.

"Yes, Raven?" Our teacher questioned my raised hand.

"Can I go for a walk please?" I asked, in a desperate need to get out of the room.

"Of course." She replied, blowing her nose loudly into her dirty tissue.

I got up from my seat like the Flash and sped out of the class, deciding to go straight to the girls bathroom. Once in the disgusting bathroom, I went straight to the sink and splashed some cold water onto my face. I was glad I was the only one here. Most of the girls smoke here, but because of Elijah I guess none of them want to be in here.

I turned the tap off and stared at myself in the mirror.

I still had no idea how to feel. Should I talk to someone? Would anyone believe me if I told them that their favorite student was actually a bully? No, they wouldn't. Jessica would deny it, and why would it even matter? He's dead. Can't get expelled or go to detention now.

I let out a strangled laugh before clamping my hand over my mouth to muffle the sobs that were wracking my body. The tears followed not too long after. I'm not sure if they were tears of sadness or relieved tears. Elijah wasn't gonna hurt me anymore.

I cried a little longer with my hand still pressed over my mouth, before splashing some more water on my face and made my way back to my English class. I took my time walking there.

If it were up to me I would have just walked out of the school and to my house. But I still have my afternoon classes to go to, and I don't want anyone to assume I actually cared for Elijah.

"Everything alright, Raven?" My teacher asked as I walked into the classroom and sat at my seat.

"Yeah." I said looking down. My eyes were probably still a little red and puffy from all the tears that flooded down my face just moments before.

The last twenty minutes of the class went by way faster than before and soon enough, I'm making my way towards my locker.

Rounding the corner in which my locker is located, I look up to see Axel leaning against it.