𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 1

۞ ۞ ۞

۞ ۞ ۞

Fear. Fear is what she felt as she ran through the woods as fast as she could; her feet pounding against the soft ground. Twigs and leaves swatted her face, stinging her soft skin here and there. Whatever was chasing her wasn't too far behind and it wouldn't stop. Her heartbeat traveled up to her throat, sweat trickled down her temple as she moved one leg after the other. She dove into the bushes nearby in hopes to lose the thing behind her and covered her mouth to mask her breathing. She then heard oncoming footsteps not too far from where she ran.

She stayed silent, not even daring to breathe as she held her breath. The figure searched through the thick grove of leaves, making her heart pound against her chest like a drum beat against a cement wall.

"Where are you?" A dark voice mocked creepily. She heard a deep, long sniff coming from their nose, then exhaling like a delicious meal had been placed in front of them. "I know you're here. I can smell your blood pulsing through your veins."

Trying to be as quiet as she could, she idly let her hand wander down to her boot where she kept the extra knife. All the other weapons she had were lost during the fight. She would have to make do with a pathetic pointy stick.

"Come on, kid. The sooner you come out, the sooner I won't kill you."

She heard them searching around, but very slowly like they had all the time in the world before they got to her. She gripped her blade tightly in her hand, ready to pounce if they tried anything. However, a twig suddenly snapped, making the person run towards it at supernatural speed. She waited for a little bit, wondering if it was clear to make a run for it. Without thinking, she got up and made a mad dash for the main road, still clutching the knife in her hand.

The next thing she knew, she was knocked off her feet by a strong arm tackling her. She landed hard on the ground, bleeding from her mouth. She wearily glanced up at the person, meeting their forest green eyes, but they weren't as kind as they were. It was a young woman. A young vampire woman who was responsible for five or more innocent people's deaths.

"I found you," she teased, smiling evilly.

The vampire grew a new row of sharp, pointy teeth that glistened in the dark, then lunged at her. With her fight or flight instincts kicking in, she kicked the vampire as hard as she could in the face before she had the chance. The vampire grunted in pain, then whipped her head to hiss at her, nostrils flaring with fresh blood dripping from her nose.

"Now you're just being impolite!"

She stood up and thrusted the knife at the vampire in one swift motion, attempting to injure her enough to kill the inhuman thing. Her knife was knocked out of her hand, locking it behind her back by the vampire. She pulled out the syringe filled with dead man's blood and jabbed the needle into the monster's thigh with her free hand. Before she could drain the black liquid into her system, the vampire spun her around and hit her cheek, creating a fresh cut that bled. Still with the syringe stuck in her thigh, the vampire attempted to take a chunk out of her.