𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 4

۞ ۞ ۞

۞ ۞ ۞

She doesn't know when she fell back asleep, but it wasn't until after she heard the sound of glass breaking she sprung awake, heart racing. Her eyes darted everywhere, trying to make sense of where the noise came from. She almost dove for the gun under her pillow when she heard someone groan. Looking into the kitchen, she found Dean tensed up, scrunching his face, cringing that he woke her up by his mistake.

"Sorry, kid. Didn't mean to scare you," Dean apologized, grabbing a crappy dustpan and broom from the corner to sweep up the broken beer bottle that slipped out of his grasp.

Once Diana recognized the situation, she relaxed. She let out a small yawn and stretched after staying still for so long. She scanned the room once more, noticing something was off. Sam was nowhere to be found.

"Where's your brother?" Diana asked, rubbing her cheeks to wake up.

"He left to get us breakfast," Dean answered, dumping the glass in the garbage. "How'd you sleep?"

"Fantastic." It was meant to be a rhetorical response, but Dean didn't think so.

"Really? Sam told me he woke up in the middle of the night hearing you crying."

The feeling in the pit of her stomach dropped. What was she to expect though? To hope Sam would forget about it? Diana was certain she wouldn't cry in her sleep. She'd never been one of those people.

"It was nothing. It was only a stupid nightmare," Diana dismissed.

"Do you get 'em often?"

Diana's eyes shot upward to the tall adult in the room- well, for now at least. She wanted to respond with a simple "no" to make things easier, but at that moment, Sam walked in through the door with food in his hands. She couldn't have thought of a more perfect time.

"Okay. I hope everyone is hungry, because breakfast is served." He set the food on the table while Dean pulled up a chair to sit beside his brother. Diana got out of bed, not thinking about the ice cold floor making contact with her feet. She shivered. The pancakes Sam ordered for her may have been starchy, but it was good overall. Her curiosity of where they get their cash to pay for motels, food and gas remained a mystery.

Just like dinner, it tasted good. In fact, everything the boys brought to her was good. It was better than paying for cheap snacks and hot dogs at a gas station every now and then. Diana finished her food fast, yet her appetite wasn't satisfied. Her stomach made it known to both brothers in the room, causing them to glance at her.

"You must be pretty hungry," Dean remarked.

Her face heated up, barely giving a nod. Sam looked at his barely eaten burrito, then back to the teenager with soft eyes.