1

Someone New

Walking into high school was nothing new to myself or my family. Neither was hearing people talking about us, but something caught my attention today as Jasper and I walked into the cafeteria at Forks High School.

Jessica Stanley, a very talkative girl in our class, was telling the new girl, Bella Swan, about us; how we were 'together' and that it was strange for us to be with one another because we live together. This was the usual gossip heard around the schools we attended. But how Jessica described me to Bella managed to get to me, despite my introduction being so small.

"The little blonde girl is Josephine. She's really weird, and she's with Jasper, the blond guy that looks like he's in pain." Jessica spoke. I turned and gave Jasper a look, even though he could feel the slight offense I felt. He gave me a slight smile and squeezed my hand as we sat at our usual table.

"I'm not weird, am I?" I asked quietly. Jasper and I were the silent ones of the family, only speaking when absolutely necessary; him because of his military training, and me because of the years I spent alone while traveling.

"Not at all, darling." Jasper reassured, kissing my temple. I played with my wedding ring, twirling it around my right ring finger, a habit I'd picked up since Jasper and I got married.

"Maybe a little bit." Emmett smirked. I tossed a fry at him and pouted.

"Being a little weird is part of your appeal." Edward sounded, dropping into the seat beside me.

"I don't see how." I huffed, crossing my arms.

"Don't let her get to you, you're perfect." Jasper said, pulling me into his side.

"Okay." I sighed. 

Suddenly, a vision took hold of my sight, showing me Edward and Bella's first encounter in their shared biology class. My senses were overwhelmed by the smell of her, and I was thrown out of the vision with two words repeating until it completely vanished: blood singer.

"Everything okay?" Edward asked, eyes showing confusion. 

I'd learned throughout the years that my spontaneous visions couldn't be seen by Edward unless I chose to share. However, the visions I choose to see could be seen by Edward without any issue.

"Yes." I nodded as the bell rang. Jasper kept an arm around me as we walked to our shared class.

"What did you see?" Jasper asked.

"Edward meeting his blood singer." I answered. 

Before Jasper could respond, another vision took over. This time, the vision was of Edward leaving Forks, and running North. He would return home next week. The vision fades and I shake my head.

"Josephine?" Jasper asked, grabbing a hold of my arms. I looked around, noticing the empty hallways, before my eyes found Jasper's.

"He's going to leave."

====

And leave he did. 

Edward took off up North while Rosalie, Emmett, Jasper, and I had to endure a week full of longing glances from the Swan girl. Of course, I didn't mind her much; I'd looked into her future slightly, finding that she and I were meant to be friends.

On the day that Edward returned home, he'd made it his mission to speak with Bella. Out of curiosity, I looked into their future and felt how awkward it would be for the both of them, but I didn't warn Edward about it. Honestly, it was a miracle he hadn't seen it himself.

After school, I huddled closely to Jasper as we shared an umbrella. To the other students, it looked like we were keeping warm, but in reality I was keeping Jasper calm around the students. He was still adjusting to his new diet, and coming to school was still a challenge.

It didn't help that Bella managed to nearly get pinned between her truck and Tyler Crowley's van. Edward rushed to Bella's aid, saving her from potential death, and the mass panic that flooded the parking lot was almost enough to make Jasper snap. 

Reacting quickly, I pulled Jasper into Emmett's jeep, speeding out of the parking lot before Emmett had a chance to join us. I drove us straight home, and then I took Jasper out for a hunt.

After feeding on a pair of deer, Jasper was okay to return home. As we walked home, enjoying our time out, I fed on a few rabbits.

"Thank you." Jasper smiled brilliantly. This was a side of Jasper not many people got to see. He saved this side of himself for me, and I was glad.

"You're welcome." I smiled back. He grabbed my waist and lifted me easily, pinning me against a tree.

"You have the most beautiful smile." He commented.

"So do you." I retorted, kissing him softly. As I pulled away, I looked into his beautiful amber eyes. He'd managed to keep some of his eye color from when he was a human, leaving little flakes of green floating around his honey colored eyes. "And your eyes are otherworldly."

"Thank you." Jasper beamed. I pushed off of the tree I was pinned against and pulled Jasper toward the house.

"No need to thank me for stating facts, my love." I teased, curling into his side. Before I heard Jasper's reply, I was caught off guard by a vision of Bella Swan.

She was sleeping peacefully and then suddenly shot up, meeting the eyes of my adoptive brother Edward. She turned onto her side to click her light on, and when she turned back to face him, Edward had gone the way he came in; through the window.

"Creepy." I muttered, coming out of my vision. Jasper, who had stopped walking when I was thrown into my vision, turned to me with an amused half grin.

"What is?" He asked, tugging me forward again.

"Edward is." I answered, shaking my head. "He's going to watch Bella sleep, if he hasn't already."

"That is creepy." Jasper nodded, speeding up as he caught sight of our house. I smiled fondly as I heard Emmett cheering over the sound of a football game. I heard Rosalie giggling at her mate as Jasper and I entered the house.

"You alright Jas?" Rosalie asked as we passed the living room.

"Fine." He answered with a small smile. "The panic was just overwhelming."

"As long as you're okay." Rose smiled, walking back into the arms of Emmett. I waved at Edward, who was sat in the corner of the living room, nose in a book. He glanced up at me and waved back, before hastily returning to his book. Esme and Carlisle were out, so Jasper and I decided to go up to our room.

"What are we doing tonight, Mrs. Whitlock?" Jasper asked, shutting our room door behind us.

"Well, I was thinking about reading a book, but I might just watch a few movies." I shrugged, laying across the oversized daybed we had in the middle of our room.

"We've watched every movie we own, and we haven't gotten new books in a few months." Jasper informed, sitting beside me. I sighed loudly, rubbing my eyes.

"I wish we could sleep." I muttered, rolling over and shoving my face in a pillow. Jasper chuckled at me, standing from the daybed.

"I can go out and get you some books." Jasper offered. I turned my head, looking up at him with mild shock across my features.

"I don't want you to be uncomfortable around humans in town, Jas." I said, sitting up. "I'll make due with what we have until our next run into town."

"If you insist." Jasper rolled his eyes at me.

"I do." I nodded, giggling as I sped into his arms. "Besides, I have homework to do."

"Ah yes, homework." Jasper huffed. "Will you do mine too?"

"Only because you asked so nicely." I teased, kissing his jaw.