26

Hidden

"Where to first?" Jasper asked, following me off the boat and into the Canadian wilderness.

"I've been experimenting." I started. "Playing with the blind spots in my visions... I think I've worked out a system to find us another half-human half-vampire."

"Is that safe?" Jasper questioned.

"I think so." I nodded. "It's just difficult, because I can only get pieces of a vision before it fades away. So far, I know the hybrid is a man, but that's all I can tell."

"And you saw him in Canada?" Jasper asked.

"No, but this is the only place I could think of going before we head south." I shook my head.

"South where?"

"South America." I answered. "He's somewhere in South America. The forest is dense, and it's very secluded."

"I'll follow you anywhere, darling." Jasper grinned, grabbing my hand.

We started our journey south, avoiding the paths of our family and their companions. Every few hundred miles, I would be stopped in my tracks by a new vision of the hybrid, giving me a slightly clearer idea of where he was hiding.

Jasper would catch me muttering the details I saw in my visions, and took to writing things down that could help direct us. The small journal he'd been writing in was full of minor details of the South American forests, and of minor descriptions of a female vampire the hybrid was with.

The Volturi's arrival was nearing, and I was beginning to get frustrated. Jasper, of course, was patient and did his best to keep me from getting too upset. When searching through the South America forests got tedious, Jasper found a way to keep me from screaming out of frustration.

While we did a scout of some forest in the middle of South America, Jasper and I happened across a vampire out hunting. She instantly recognized us as vampires, and prepared for a fight. However, Jasper and I spoke to her about who we were looking for.

The longer we spoke to the woman, the clearer it became that she was the vampire in the visions I was getting. She was the one who was protecting the hybrid. So, I told her about Renesmee. I told her about my niece, and how she was also a hybrid- young, yet growing so rapidly. I asked for her help in understanding hybrids.

She dropped her defensive stature and introduced herself as Huilen. She answered our questions, and I asked her if she would be willing to bring her nephew, Nahuel, up to Forks to prove that hybrids weren't dangerous.

Huilen was reluctant at first, and told us she would need to speak with her nephew first. She brought us to her well hidden village, and introduced us to her nephew. After being told about the current situation unfolding in Forks, Nahuel was more than willing to accompany Jasper and I back to Forks.

The journey back up North was quick. We stopped in a few places to hunt, but we hardly stopped moving. The snow would be sticking to the ground in Forks by now, so we needed to hurry. On the way, Jasper and I spoke of our gifts to Nahuel and Huilen, and we learned that Nahuel had the ability to produce venom and that he had turned Huilen.

We also learned of Nahuel's father, and what he planned on accomplishing by creating hybrids. We assured both Nahuel and his aunt that we only wanted Renesmee to be happy, not for her to be used as a soldier in some army.

He didn't say so, but I knew Jasper disliked the idea of other vampires being used as soldiers. I offered him my hand for comfort, and he didn't let me go until we approached the battle field. He kissed my temple and prepared to face the Volturi with me.

"Spare ourselves a fight today, only to die tomorrow." Aro spoke, addressing the Volturi members behind him. I gave Jasper's hand a squeeze and led him onto the battlefield. Aro turned and let out an excited gasp, his eyes twinkling as Jasper and I approached him.

"Josephine." Edward stated.

"Josephine." Aro breathed, eyes alight with excitement. My eyes met Carlisle's, and I gave him a nod, continuing toward Aro. A few of his guards met us halfway, grabbing Jasper and I before we could reach Aro.

"My dear Josephine, we're so glad to see you here, after all." Aro smirked.

"I have evidence the child won't be a risk to our kind." I said, holding my hand out for Aro. "Let me show you."

"Brother?" Caius questioned. Aro nodded, reaching his hand out toward me. I shoved the guards arms away from me, rolling my eyes at them as I approached Aro. I heard Jasper struggle behind me, but chose not to look back as Aro grasped my hand.