𝟗. 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑

song of the chapter: mighty long fall by one ok rock

SAM ENTERS DEREK'S loft and she has a frown on her face, she had been called by her cousin for something and she had a feeling that she wasn't going to like it.

She pauses when she sees a very familiar face in the room "Deucalion, what are you doing here?" She wonders and the blind Alpha smiles at her.

"You've grown up well, Samantha." Deucalion compliments, causing the pack members to frown.

"I am here because I have not been able to contact your mother for almost a month now." Deucalion turns back to the topic at hand and Sam frowns.

"She never ignores your calls; she knows better than anyone that you don't call unless it's important." Sam responds and then she realizes the severity of the situation.

"Something happened to her and now you want me to find her." Sam realizes and Deucalion nods.

"Uhh, how do you know Deucalion?" Scott wonders and Sam blinks, completely having forgotten that some of the pack members were in the room.

Sam glances at Deucalion before crossing her arms "He's my uncle." Sam reveals and Stiles spits out his soda, right on Derek.

Derek glares at Stiles before wiping the soda off of his face.

"In other words, my brother-in-law." Peter adds and Derek turns his glare to his uncle.

Scott looks at the former Alpha in disbelief "Why didn't you ever mention that?" Scott questions and Peter gives him a pointed look.

"Do you think I want you brats knowing about my personal life, let alone my marriage?" Peter retorts and Sam clears her throat.

"Can we get back to my mother's disappearance?" Sam requests and all attention turns to her.

"I tried my banshee abilities on her photo, but I didn't get anything." Lydia offers and Sam bites her lip.

The Inhuman sighs "No, you wouldn't. My mother is an Inhuman, only one of her own kind can find her with their abilities." Sam states and three people look at her in surprise.

"Are you certain, Samantha? You know what your mother has told you about using your abilities on her." Deucalion inquires and Sam sighs.

"She can complain to me about it later, I just want to find her." Sam responds and she notices the confused looks of the pack members' faces.

"Did I never mention the fact that I'm an Inhuman?" Sam wonders and Scott shakes his head.

✦✦✦

Sam sits down on the floor, a bandana covering her eyes and a radio next to her, making static noises. She holds a picture of her mother in her hand and she falls into the void, her feet hitting the water covered floor.

She walks around in the darkness, trying to find anything that could help her find her mother. Sam pauses and she slowly looks behind her, making eye contact with her mother.

Victoria looks at her daughter with distaste "Haven't I told you not to use your abilities on me?" Victoria questions and Sam faces her fully.