𝟐. 𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐍

song of the chapter: idea by taemin

DEREK LEANS AGAINST his table when the lights flicker "Is that normal?" Scott wonders and one light bulb shatters.

"Around the Hale family, it's common." Derek claims and he turns his head to the left "Planning on breaking my lamps, Sam?" Derek inquires.

The 17-year-old walks into the loft, wiping a drop of blood from under her nose "I may not be a fan of Peter, but he is still my father and you killed him." Sam states and she stops next to Derek.

"Haven't seen you in a while, you've aged." She comments.

Derek rolls his eyes "Last time I saw you, you were 5." Derek retorts and Sam shrugs.

Liam coughs and Sam notices the multiple teens in the room.

"These must be members of the supernatural community in the town then, do go ahead and introduce yourself. If you hadn't heard, I'm Sam and I'm Peter's daughter, but don't worry I'm nowhere near as psychotic as he is." Sam muses, looking a little amused.

Sam vaguely noticed Peter sitting on the couch, but she had already caught up with him the first day she arrived in town so she didn't have to fully acknowledge him.

An Asian girl decides to start off and Sam feels like she's going to like this girl "I'm Kira." She introduces herself.

"Japanese or Korean?" Sam wonders, tilting her head. She was rather interested in the cultures of both countries.

Kira blinks in surprise, she hadn't expected the girl to ask about her ethnicity "Both actually. My mom's Japanese and my dad's Korean."

Kira is followed by the boy who had coughed earlier "I'm Liam." He introduces.

Sam stares at him for a moment "Which idiotic dumbass turned you then?"

Liam points at Scott, calling the alpha out "In his defense, he did it to save my life."

Sam hums "Right then, who's the guy next to you who looks like he wants to stab someone?" Sam questions and Liam looks at the person in question.

The boy chuckles as if her words amused him "I'm Theo."

Sam rolls her eyes "I presume there's still some people I haven't met yet, but I suspect I eventually will."

"I'm going to go now; I have to call a hotheaded Original Hybrid and assure him that I'm alright before he comes to this town and adds a bit of color to it." Sam declares and she skips out of the loft before anyone has a chance to process what she said.

✦✦✦

Sam settles on her couch and scrolls through her contacts for a specific number. She calls her friend, Klaus and waits for him to reply.

"What now?" She hears on the other line and suppresses a chuckle "It's Sam, you hothead."

"Ah, Samantha. How have you settled in?" Klaus wonders, sounding rather eager to hear how she's doing.

Sam smiles to herself "I've settled in fine and I've got almost everything in place. I met a couple nice locals who were interested in helping me get to know the town, but I kindly declined their offer and told them I know the town well."

"I caught up with my cousin earlier and broke one of his lamps with my mind." Sam explains happily.

Klaus chuckles "I expect nothing less from you." He comments and Sam smiles softly.

"How are things at your end?" Sam wonders and she heads to the kitchen to make herself tea.

"Unusually calm, although I did witness Kol being chased around the house by a soup scoop wielding Davina." Klaus recalls, sounding amused.

Sam chuckles "That sounds like something I would've wanted to witness." She replies and her phone pings, signaling a new message.

"Rebekah recorded it, I sent you the video." The Hybrid states and Sam snorts.

"I'll have to thank her for that, I've missed your family drama." Sam hums and she fills up her kettle.

"I've got nothing else to mention, so I'll head off now. Tell everyone I said hi." Sam tells the Hybrid and she grabs a cup from a cupboard.

"I'll be sure to do so. Be careful and call me if anything comes up." Klaus replies and Sam hums.

"Keep me updated on stuff, I'd hate to find out something major happened months later." Sam requests and Klaus chuckles.

"I thought you'd say that, but I will do that. If I don't have the time, then someone else will tell you what's been going on." He claims and they say their goodbyes.

✦✦✦

A/N: I couldn't help but make a soup scoop reference after a thing I like to call "the case of the yeeted soup scoop" and I should remind everyone that I am a major procrastinator, meaning this story won't be rewritten in a few days.

Originally, I intended to set this from season 2 onwards, but I changed my mind and now this doesn't really follow the plot at all because it's easier for me and I get to write for whichever character I want without having to wait for them to show up.

New edits; changed the paragraph style and added some words to make it better.

Edited: 15/10/22

- Bellamy