20

"DO YOU WANNA CELEB FIVE----"

An ear-splitting ringtone startled their nice sleep. Joohyun jolted up from her position with a grunt. She was tied up in finding her phone, also noting herself to change the song. On the other hand, Seulgi was attempting hard in hiding her laughter while rubbing her eyes open.

Succeeded in discovering her phone, she was welcomed by another morning call from Sooyoung. Joohyun put the call on speaker and let her butt bumped back on the shared sofa. "So disturbing me at 5 am is now your new hobby? I don't give a single fuck about it. Prepare to meet satan at work in thirty minutes."

"Wait wait wait! Would you at least mind listening to my excuse?"

Sooyoung's sentence cut her hand movement just before pressing the red button on the screen. Joohyun heaved a sigh having no other choice than hearing what her partner have to say. "Fine, spill."

"The autopsy result from the gang attack was out. 9 mm and 45 ACP bullets were found inside their bodies. But strangely there were also three 12 Gauges found."

Seulgi wasn't doing much other than paying attention to their talk. The detective leaned back and crossed her arms, quickly changing into thinking mode. "You're telling me someone else other than them was there. It seemed to me as if there were two gangs presented and a man just popped out of nowhere to start a fight, and who the fuck use a shotgun these days?!"

"That's exactly my thought. The first gang was known to be Kyungsoo's gang. The second one was identified as the famous drug dealer, Inferno. Guess that was another failed transaction. But now that Kyungsoo's gang is out, all we have is Inferno. But, again, Seungcheol's team that was assigned to take them down already succeeded like two weeks ago."

Joohyun massaged her nose bridge in frustration. Seulgi came back bringing a glass of water to calm the bunny down. "Thanks." Sooyoung hearing her muttering a thanks to someone would definitely not stay still. "Who's that? Are you with someone? Is that Seulgi? Did you two-"

"Can't you leave me alone for a whole second? Anyway for now I think they were only Inferno's leftover. So now all we have was that one person. The motorcycle guy, yeah I guess he's the one. How about we just wait for Chen's concert tomorrow? Oh and can you ask Seungcheol to help cleared Inferno out?

"Okay, got it."

"Sorry about Sooyoung earlier." Seulgi turned her head from right to the left repeatedly like a kid, instead she excitedly sticked a note to her hand. 'You're going?' Joohyun forgot announcing the news, she nodded. Seulgi was still smiling with her glimmering eyes.

Joohyun went back to examined what was in her phone. Falling asleep before made her forget about the tape. Whilst paying attention to her work, she managed telling the other girl to occupy herself with breakfast and by breakfast she meant the bread on the dining table.

Not much could be seen from the tape. Most of them were the image of the assaulter attacking Kyungsoo in the living room. Things breaking filled the audio and also a sentence slipped out of the man's mouth, "Betrayals must pay with blood." Hearing his deep voice brought shivers to Joohyun.

Joohyun threw lightly to the sofa and followed Seulgi. "Em hey, I'm sorry for dragging you here and made you skip your night." She realized what she had been doing to the taller. Once again, Seulgi denied it and returned to munch on her bread. Joohyun told her to go back cause Sooyoung might picked her up any minute now.

At this time, Seulgi decided to use one of her favors. Fishing out her post-it, she scribbled her wish on it. Joohyun eyed the writings carefully, reading them out loud. "Second favor, can you ruffle my head when we're together." Being the type she was, Joohyun didn't question her and did as she wished. The weird yet good sensation hit Seulgi's head bringing a satisfied smile to her face.

Finally they parted ways, Seulgi drove her ride back after waving to the older who was also dressed up for work. A split second difference and Sooyoung came drifting as she usually did then open the window shield.

"I saw that."