thirteen

BEFORE I could go anywhere, there was one thing I needed to do

"Sam!" My twin snapped his gaze over to my direction. I jumped off the back of the tow truck, running over to him with the cube in my arm. I grabbed onto his jacket tightly. "I want you to know that being my twin is the best thing I could ever ask for." I kept a good grip on the cube just in case he decided to grab it. "And I'm sorry I never tried to fix everything between us." A tear fell down my face along with Sam.

"Don't say that." Sam quivered. "You sound like you're going to die."

I only smiled. "I love you Sam."

Ironhide's voice boomed through the air. "We'll keep you guarded Andy, we have your back!" I move away from Sam with hesitation. I had to make sure I saw him again; we were the danger twins. A force not to be reckoned with.

"Tell Mikaela, I don't regret anything." I walked backward from Sam with a thick swallow. I can do this.

I dashed away, holding the cube in my arms but also pumping my legs as hard as I could. The focusing of my breathing drowned out the loud screaming, crying, and fear of everyone I passed by. I hadn't run for my life in a long time, probably since Mikaela and I had stolen that car with her father the first time.

The patrol car had found us as they turned on the siren, scaring us. I was probably 12 or 13 years old. Mikaela's father just told us to run as fast as we could.

Mikaela told me that the reason why I couldn't breathe was because of all the crying I was doing, I needed to focus on my breathing while we were running. To drown out everything and everyone. I've spent my entire life surviving when I didn't have to. I had a reason to live and fight now, whether I wanted to or not. If I didn't, the entire world would suffer as a result.

Ironhide and Ratchet fought Starscream to the best of their abilities, allowing me to slip through without being noticed by the Decepticon. Starscream launched another missile at the duo of Autobots, oblivious to the possibility that the shrapnel would strike one of his own team members.

However, Decepticons appear to be the type of creatures willing to sacrifice their own people in order to win. The explosion knocked me onto a car, of course, that was unexpected. This meant that the cube sent an electrical wave to every electronic device within a 20-foot radius.

"Did that bitch just dent my car?!" I heard someone curse from within their car. Lady, do you not see that the city is under attack? That should be the least of your worries.

In order to continue my mission to the statues, I quickly dodged the running of people fleeing for their lives. "Grab the necklace!" The giant 7-Up vending machine growled angrily.

"Jesus Christ! Give me a break!" I hissed, trying to push past more people while the vending machine shot soda cans at people. When I heard how hard those cans were hitting people's backs, I pumped my legs even harder.