nine

Andy

Andy

WALKING into the kitchen, I'm confronted with Sam digging through my backpack. He was wrinkling graded papers, pulling out snacks I bought from Walmart, and completely destroying the hard work I did to get it cleaned and organized. I remembered stuffing the glasses in the pocket for the laptops. I shoved Sam away, unzipped the pouch pocket, and yanked them out, checking to see if the glasses were actually in there. When they were, I released the breath I was holding. "Oh, thank god." I sniffled, catching Mikaela's attention.

"You okay?" She asked.

I didn't bother looking at her. "It's whatever."

Mikaela undid the scrunchy in her hair. "Your mom's so nice." She smiled.

I felt my eye twitch. Nice wasn't the word I would let come out my mouth. "She still doesn't know it was you." Mikaela made an O with her mouth.

Sam looked back and forth between us two. "What do you mean?"

"None of your business." I growled at him. He held his hands up in surrender. "I want you to distract our parents while I slip out and get these glasses to them, okay?" Mikaela nodded her head in agreement.

Sam, on the other hand, wasn't. "Ah, no, I don't need Optimus checking you out."

"He's been checking you out?" Mikaela smirked, intrigued by the situation. "That's weird."

"No, Sam's overexerting what was happening." I defended.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, now shut up and do what I said." I barked to my brother with the glasses in my hand. Sam swallowed at the anger in my eyes, deciding it would be best to listen to what I said than argue with me.

I would, most definitely, bite his head off. The two went to turn around to do as told when the doorbell began to ring numerous times. "What now?" I groaned.

The sounds of talking alerted me that people were here. I rushed out of the kitchen to see people littered everywhere like ants.

"What's this?" I asked, eyes wide. The man looked over to us as he smiled. He tossed mom's bat to another agent with ease.

"How ya doin hun?! Is your name Athena?" I shook my head in confirmation. Weird men walking into my house like they're Men in Black made me think of the Autobots in my backyard. The same aliens I couldn't warn that the government was here. I continued to look around the room in a panic.

Crap, crap, crap!

"Yeah..." I answered slowly.

The agent began to walk forward. "Well, I need you to come with us." That's when mom and dad cut in, stepping in front of us.

"Woah, that's way out of line!" Dad hissed with narrowed eyes. The man in the suit seemed unfazed by the situation.

"Sir I am asking politely... back off." He answered, messing with his pen.