When the hate becomes too much

summary : Peter gets in a fight at school and an angry Tony has to come pick him up. Turns out there's more to the story than the genius knows.

info : bi!peter.

tw : homophobia/biphobia, small mention of internalized homophobia. small mention of abuse. some language.

word count : 1,800+

-

"Why the hell do you have a black eye and why the hell are your knuckles all bloody?"

Peter doesn't answer Tony, only stares across the school hallway, clenching and unclenching his hands. His face is absolutely livid, his eyes full of an anger that Tony has never seen before and can't quite place at the moment.

Tony doesn't know what to think, all he knows is that he got a call in the middle of the day letting him know that his kid got into a fight.

"Peter?"

The boy almost flinches at his own name, his father usually always uses nicknames with him. Only using his full name in serious situations or when he's really mad. Now, the young genius assumes it's the latter.

Though, he still doesn't answers Tony, only adverts his gaze over to the left where he can see kids rushing off to class. He focuses on them instead of the intense amount of guilt he's feeling since his dad had to come get him.

This is the first time Tony notices that there are tears that gloss the teens eyes and that the rims of his eyes are lined in red. Like he was crying.

The man takes a step back, his mouth that had been hanging open in disbelief now snaps shut, his jaw clicking. He clears his throat sort of awkwardly and walks away from his son and into the principals office.

Tony takes in the beige and white walls, with nothing hanging on them. He also tries not to pay too much attention to the fact that Mrs. Thompson is staring daggers at him.

"Hello, Mr. Stark. Sorry to bother you." Ms. Smith smiles apologetically. "It appears Flash and Peter had a little mishap today."

"Yeah, a mishap which your son started and resulted in me having to leave my job to come pick my kid up from school." Mrs. Thompson spits out under her breath, then she speaks louder. "Can we go now?"

"Of course, ma'am." Principal Smith confirms, her expression narrowed at the woman as she leaves. Then she turns to Tony and musters a smile. "I'm sorry for making you come in. I know you have a busy schedule."

"It's no problem at all." Tony returns the smile.

He spins on his heels and leaves the small office, walking back over to his kid that now sits across from Flash who has his mom whisper yelling at him.

Tony rolls his eyes and puts a hand on Peter's shoulder, pulling him up from his seat and leading him out to the parking lot. They walk in complete and utter silence to the car, both parting ways for a moment to get into their own sides.

After a few minutes of just listening to the quiet radio the former playboy can't handle the tension anymore and turns it all the way off, eyeing Peter.

"You need to talk to me. I need to know what happened in order to know how badly I have to punish you. Like, say, two weeks, no Spider-Man? Five weeks? Seven? Ten months? A year? Or is a year pushing it a little? I never know, my dad always just gave me a good smack so you've gotta give me some pointers here."