Hero's get sick too

summary : Peter doesn't feel too hot when he wakes up but decides to ignore it.

info : n/a

tw : vomiting.

word count : 1,800+

also lmk at the end if u want a part 2.

-

The moment Peter wakes up he knows that something isn't right.

He can't exactly pinpoint what it is right away, but it's an uneasy feeling that sits in his stomach and stays there as he drags himself out of bed.

Peter spent the night at his fathers place last night due to staying far too late to web home -- at least, in Tony's opinion to far.

The young boy blinks slowly as he gets up, wincing when his chest tightens in pain. He rubs at his chest with his hand, willing it to go away as he zips up his sweater, pulling it close to his body as shivers overcome him.

The first time he coughs is when he's in the kitchen, sitting next to his dad. He had been about to shove another spoon full of cereal in his mouth. But instead cough so hard it feels like claws are scratching the back of his throat. He cringes after the cough, his eyes glossing over slightly.

"You okay, bud?" Tony reaches over to rub Peter's back as he uses his other hand to take a sip his extra strong coffee.

Peter clears his throat. "F-Fine."

He knows his father can sense the lie but that Tony refrains from saying anything as he pulls his hand back, looking down into his mug.

"Okay."

"You good, loser?"

"I'm fine." Peter rolls his eyes, stabbing his fork aggressively in his salad and then pushes it away from himself. "Why does everyone keep asking
me--" Peter cuts himself off to take a breath, feeling as though he's just down a bunch of jumping jacks for some reason. "--that?"

"I wonder why." MJ says as her and Ned share a look, both mentally shaking their heads at their friend. "If you're not gonna eat that, can I?"

"You might not wanna." Ned examines Peter and then his salad. "He seems . . . sick."

"Okay, one, I'm not sick." Peter glares at Ned briefly before turning to MJ. "And, two, I haven't had a bite of it. So, be my guest."

MJ takes the salad from him with a small smirk on her face and then opens her book back up.

"Dude, just go home."

"Dude, I'm fine."

MJ's eyebrows pull together. "Fine? You look like you're either gonna cough your germs all over me, pass out or puke. Or all three."

Peter coughs into his elbow, wincing at the burning feeling in the back of his throat. "It's fine. Just a small cough is all."

He feels his stomach lurch suddenly and wraps his arms around himself. Both of his friends notice this and react instinctively. MJ places a hand on his shoulder while Ned pulls out his phone.