𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 | 𝐂𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝

You stood stunned as you followed the professor out of the car and towards a small building located a few roads down,

a small sign lit up by the front entrance to introduce the continental-style cafe.

And soon, your footsteps became the only sound that engulfed the silence between the two of you, apart from the faint music heard in the background of the shop as you walked inside the small vintage bistro, instantly greeted by an older lady at the front counter. 

"Hi, could I get a medium black coffee, 1 sugar." Professor Jeon ordered. Then, he turned to you, as if to ask for what you wanted. "Oh um, I'll get the same." You mumbled and he nodded, conversing with the cashier once more.

It was nothing short of a struggle to mask the shock that had overcome you when the professor offered to take you here - by sheer force of his own will, for that matter.

And you still found it rather hard to believe that his principles were so boundless. After all, you were a student... his student.

If he was doing this out of mere pity, then you'd much rather be anywhere else right now. The last thing thing you wanted was to elaborate on things that did not need to be said, to someone like him, no less.

However, you knew he was cunning man.

His insight confined any form of limit,

and at times, it seemed like nothing could cloud his authentic judgement. Essentially, you also found him to be rather thoughtful.

He showed his compassion in the only way he found possible, and that was through his actions. His proposal to buy you a coffee earlier was a perfect example of that fact. And frankly. you'd be lying to yourself if you said you weren't beginning to see him in another light. 

Was that really a good enough reason to stay though?

Once the lady began making your coffees, Mr. Jeon took a shuddering breath, stealing a glance at you once more before mumbling, "You can go find a table, I'll get the drinks." And so, you took a seat by the far table in the corner and just... waited.

As it appeared, your phone was on the brink of dying and you had nothing to do while waiting. Without distractions, however, you took the opportunity to truly admire Mr. Jeon's physique, your eyes trailing down his every feature.

Without a doubt could you say that he was an extravagant man, and the appeal was only aided by his appearance; his legs looked so long in deep blue slacks, his shirt the color of the summer sky, his narrow silk tie the same shade as his pants. 

The combined shades made his eyes look brighter, more colorful than usual, gleaming under the dim cafe lights.

It felt wrong. To be staring at your literature professor in such an aspect, in a way no student should be looking at their teacher. But you found yourself unable to turn away. 

The sleeves of his dress shirt were now rolled up to his elbows, so you caught glimpse of the ink that trailed from the back of his hand to the very end of his sleeve.

And although this wasn't your first time seeing them, you were still just as enthralled to say the least. Each of the simple yet detailed lines formed designs that kissed the skin layering over his right arm, and all your attention was easily swept away by just the professor alone.

However, while you continued to study the details found in the man standing before you, your trance was soon torn when the sound of his voice brought you back to reality, your eyes meeting with his.