𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐰𝐨 | 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥

"Everything went downhill after word got out that Andrea had confessed to me," your voice was sharp yet hardly above a whisper, a fitting tone for the subject you were breaching.

"I grasped zero understanding as to why it was of others' concerns. After all, you'd expect by now that acceptance would come naturally to people of this current generation, but clearly, virtue is something that has to be taught better in school because these people missed the memo by a landslide."

Casting your gaze heavenward, you clenched your fists, unsure of how to act under Jungkook's longing stare as he remained silent, devoted to listening to your every word.

You appreciated it. Truly, you did. 

But more than anything, you admired him for it. 

His will to portray his concern, to show you he was all in, even if you weren't.

"All it took was one week for them to find out. And because some people lack the decency to act humanely, gossip spread like a wildfire, leaving her to be the one stuck in the middle of it all."

Just then, a silent scoff escaped your lips. "Not me, because god forbid I were to ever return her feelings."

That was what frustrated you the most.

The fact that people of differing sexual orientations were treated any less than what they truly deserved. And they deserved countless fucking apologies because the hate others give is completely and utterly unforgiving.

When people heard the word, 'gay'... the first thing to come to mind would be the flaws that make up all but themselves.

They didn't do what they did because it was justified.

They did it because they felt insecure.

Because she managed to find herself in the midst of this world filled with worthless standards and values.

Because she wasn't ashamed of it and had loved ones who embraced who she was entirely. 

Because she fought and found her own path to freedom, and with it, came the power to feel good in her own skin.

No matter her race.

Her beliefs.

Sexuality.

Except, they took that away from her too—

Her freedom, that is.

Their words, their actions, their tormenting stares. 

That's all it would take to break a woman. 

And that was exactly what they'd done.

"They judged her for simply being who she was. Deceived her, insulted her, hurt her... all because she was different. Never once did they hesitate to say things they knew would break her."

A breathlessness took hold of your voice.

Your thinking. 

"And they thought it was okay." A choked sound came from the back of your throat. 

A cry.

Swiftly, you brought your palm to your mouth and lowered your head, fighting the tremble of your lips, the quiver of your voice as you continued to speak.