𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 | 𝐖𝐡𝐲?

Jungkook

Strange. Jungkook thought to himself.

His behaviour was strange, out of the ordinary. It wasn't everyday when you'd catch him taking a woman out for coffee, his student no less.

But he knew what he was doing. In fact,

he had everything under control. Or at least, he'd like to think so.

At first, he'd proposed to grab a cup of coffee out of sheer courtesy. It seemed like a reasonable thing for him to do, all things considered, and so, he'd chosen mind over matter and did so without regret.

That was until he'd remembered that she was only his student. Nothing more, nothing less. 

And surely, that meant that it was forbidden for him to see her in a different light, right?

Soon, he'd reached a conclusion.

Y/N wasn't any different from the rest of the student's he taught regularly.

Although he'd admit she was easy on the eyes, had a nice smile and gentle tone of voice, it wasn't anything that he'd considered breathtaking or deemed worthy of calling an immediate crush.

(If such a thing ceased to exist)

She wore makeup, but didn't completely cake her face with uneconomical products. Her fashion sense was good, but her clothes didn't glitter or gleam as he'd seen so many other women dress.

In his eyes, everything she did was just... enough. And yet, if she were to stand in a crowd of hundreds, she'd still somehow manage to stand out from the rest. Why?

Was it her intellect? Her looks? Her determination? 

How she was adamant not only on getting things right, but on understanding different perspectives as well? 

No. 

It was more than that.

If there was anything Jungkook had learned during these past few weeks or so, it would be that this woman was so much more than just her determination, looks and intellect.

She liked writing, sure. But she didn't love it. She liked music, sure. But she didn't enjoy listening to it as much as she enjoyed creating music herself.

That was something he'd only recently learned this morning.

To which, he found himself eager to learn even more.

When he'd first seen her on the rooftop that night, the first thing that had caught his attention was her profile. She had been leaning forward with her arms against the rooftop's railing, her hair flowing along with the soft night time breeze as she gazed upon the flaring city lights, her eyes gleaming with a sense of longing.

Alone. Reserved. Hurting. Those were the emotions he'd sensed from her. Being that he'd recognized those emotions quite well himself, he depended on a spur-of-the-moment instinct to join alongside the woman.

To his own surprise, he'd said the first word, but didn't bother turning to take a look at her face. 

She did though.

The moment he'd felt her stare, he should've known something was particularly out of sort.

And quite frankly, he should've followed his guts. Because the second he'd heard the word, "Professor," come out of her mouth, he'd known he was momentarily fucked. The last person he'd expected running into that day was his student.