9- Blaze

"Our uniforms were exposed to the storm like us

"Our uniforms were exposed to the storm like us. So they can transform like us, becoming invisible, changing size on demand or remaining impervious to flame." Reed said.

Reed, Rachel, Sue, and Johnny stepped out to look at themselves in the mirror wearing the uniforms. Bo boots, and no gloves. Not yet.

"You look like an eighties rock band." Ben joked.

"The suit will stretch. You should try it." Sue said to Ben.

"I wouldn't be caught dead in that." He said.

"He's right. These costumes are... missing something. I can't put my finger on it --" Johnny yelled from the bathroom.

"They're not costumes." Reed said.

"We're not taking them out. Johnny, we need to stay here till we've stabilized." Sue informed.

Johnny shook his head, frustrated. "I'm getting sick of being trapped here.  NASA wasn't even this strict!" Johnny said, marching out.

Sue turned to Reed, who said nothing. Sue headed out, leaving Ben, Rachel, and Reed. Rachel looked over to Reed. "Maybe it's missing a utility belt." She cracked.

"Ooh good one." Ben said. They fist pumped.

———•———
The storm was now a computer- image on screen now. Behind the screen were six chalkboards full of Reed's calculations and the scribbled beginnings of a machine.

His arm stretched across the room, which wrote on the end of another chalkboard.

He was moving fast, excited, almost a little maniac. He heard a creak. He slowed down, but didn't look up to see Rachel enter.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"The plants, from space.  Their particles are still charged.  With the right amount of energy, those ions could create the elemental profile of the cosmic storm." Reed said fast, and charged.

He rifled through a desk drawer, then headed out. Rachel stood there and looked at the storm. She then turned and quickly followed Reed.

Reed was flipping through a file, excited. "If we can build a machine to re-create the storm, we can reverse the polarity --"

"And reverse the mutations --" Rachel realized.

"Curing countless diseases, not just ours." He continued. Rachel pulled her brother back so he had to turn.

"But we're the focus, right Reed? Reed?"

"Of course. Of course."

"And you sure you can control this thing? Last time didn't work out so well."