Chapter 4 - Freinds

Ari was right after all. Since the day Taehyung came into her life she was the happiest woman on the earth. Her long gone smile was back. This small boy was the key to her happiness.

Kim Taehyung was growing under her wings. He was happy, always cheerful. His rectangular boxy smile didn't leave his face while he was living with her. The feeling of having someone to take care of him was making his frozen heart warm. His fear was fading away.

Fear?

Yes, Taehyung was scared of something that Ari couldn't understand. She tried to ask about his past. But the very first time she asked he freaked out. He screamed in fear like he saw a terrible nightmare. Taehyung trembled in fear like he was lost all alone in Antarctica. Ari was shocked by his reaction. She had no intention to harm him from her words. She hugged him tightly.

"Forgive me Taehyung-ah" she whipped his tears from her thumb and calmed him down.

"Forgive your Eomma...I promise I will never let this happen again"

Even Ari wanted to know about his past so badly she never asked him after that incident. But still, it was bothering her. After she dropped Taehyung at school, she drove towards the Orphanage she adopted the boy. It's been two months since he left there.

As she entered she saw a familiar round face. No difference from what she saw two months ago. As usual, she was wearing her light blue uniform and sitting on her usual spot noting down something in a paper. She lifted her head and glanced at the customer. A wide grin stretched her lips as she saw it was Song Ari. She scooted near her to welcome her with a warm hug. Ari got a bit awkward with the situation but she softly laughed as she knew Bora is so friendly to everyone. Bora pull out a chair and made Ari sit there.

"So tell me, how did it go? How is your life with little Taehyung? Is he causing trouble to you?" She shot her with a series of questions. Ari chuckled and shook her head sideways.

"He isn't, he is a good boy Bora. And he was the missing piece of my life "the other person reflected a bright smile seeing the fact both of them are getting together well. She glanced at Ari,

"I'm so happy to hear this Miss Ari. So what brings you here?" it was a silence between them for a moment. Ari was a bit nervous but she decided to ask anyway.

"Do you happen to know what happened to Taehyung before he was brought here?" Her lips formed into a thin line. Bora knitted her eyebrows together.

"Did something happen?" Ari heaved a sigh and started telling her what happened that day. Bora was in deep thoughts after hearing this. She cleared her throat before speaking,

" Taehyung was found when he was hiding in a dark alley, all alone in the cold. The man who found him tried to ask him what happened but Taehyung wouldn't talk. He said he looked like he faced something shocking. Bloodstains were all over Taehyung's face and shirt. No one knows what happened to him. Taehyung acted mute for about a year after getting here" Bora paused for a moment to catch her breath. Ari was getting worried about how things have been to Taehyung.

"So that's all you know about him huh"she talked to herself. Bora nodded and tried to light the mood up.

"He's happy now right? that's the important thing" she tried to smile. Ari heaved a soft smile.

"I guess it's better to let go of the past. I care for him" she drew circles in the desk pursing her lips together.

"I know Ari. You already have done so much for him. Stop worrying, Cheer up"One hand of Bora patted her shoulder.

"Hmm..the other thing that worries me is that the fact he doesn't interact with others much. He still doesn't have any friends" Ari said in a worried tone. Bora shook her head.