Chapter 7 - Another Story

After 8 years

That softness of the pillow was the best experience of sleep. I didn't want to get up from the squishy mattress of mine. Curving into a ball, I covered myself with the sheets. My eyes were shut closed. All I wanted was to sleep all over again.

"Y/n-ah, aren't you up yet?"

The air of my room was greeted by loud bangs on the door and the usual rantings from my brother. I hid between the sheets, not wanting to get down from the bed.

"Y/n-ah! Wake up! Don't you make me come inside now"

I groaned in frustration. It's not like anything would happen if I sleep five more minutes. I peeked through the sheets and looked at the neon digital numbers in the clock upon the nightstand.

"Why the hell is he yelling at this time? It's freaking five in the morning for god damn sake" I muttered, letting out a long yawn while rubbing my sleepy eyes.

With a clicking sound, the door opened revealing my impatient brother standing there. His arms were crossed upon his chest with a disapproving gaze on me.

"Five more minutes please" half asleep, I mumbled wrapping myself with the soft bedsheet again. Before even I could think of sleeping again, the sheets were pulled away from me. The cold blast from the opened door hit me making me shatter from the low temperature.

"Brother-" I whined frowning my face.

"You aren't sleeping again Kim Y/n! How can you be like this on your first day at job?"

"Aish, stop yelling Seokjin. Alright, alright, I'm up"

I stretched my stiffened body letting out another yawn. I eyed Jin who was now watching me like a guard dog, rubbing the back of my neck. A sudden chuckle escaped from him. I looked at him confused with his mood swing.

"What are you smiling at?" I was still bitter about being woke up this early. He plopped his body on the edge of my bed and ruffled my already messy hair.

" This was your dream, right? You worked so hard to it and now look at you sleeping like a sloth in the first day" His state made me laugh.

What he said was true.

I worked, correction...I died and suffered a lot to become a doctor. To make my dream come true. After the death struggle, I finally graduated with my degree to give people the service as a doctor. I was living with my brother Kim Seokjin since I was studying at Seoul university in my first year of medical college. After those tough years of studying and being depressed, I somehow reached my ultimate goal. 

Finally became a doctor, just like my brother...

"Now why are you smiling?"Jin chuckled seeing my lips stretching to a smile. I let out a soft sigh shaking my head sideways.

"Nothing"

Seokjin was a brother that you can't find in a million. He was always my guardian when I left my home town to study. Even I don't show my gratitude to him often, he's the best brother anyone can have. I'm just not good at expressing my feelings to anyone. Especially when they are close to me.

"Thank you for everything Seokjin" He raised his eyebrows like he heard something wrong.

"Now leave before I change my mind" I glued my eyes on the floor, nibbling my inner cheeks with my tongue.

"Pabo" he ruffled my hair once again before standing up from the mattress.

"Get ready and come down for breakfast" I nodded my head and jump from my bed to do my morning routine. I proudly looked into the mirror, checking myself from every possible angle while wearing the white uniform. I just tied up my hair to a simple ponytail to fit the charming clothes. Not too fancy, the way I like the most.