3 | You again

-Maya-
Present time. Brooklyn, New York.

I woke up with a major hangover. My 23rd birthday was yesterday and I was hammered. Images of last nights party flashed in my mind. Daniel shoving shots down my throat, Quinn dancing with random men, and Chloe staying sober for all of us.

I brushed my teeth to get the taste of alcohol out. My phone started ringing on the sink, seeing 'Big Asshole' displayed on the screen. I answered on the second ring.

"Hello." I said. "Good morning to you too. Feeling like shit?" My brother taunted on the other line. "Shut up. I'm lucky Chloe stopped me after maybe-." I counted the number of drinks I took on my fingers. "I lost count." My brother laughed on the other side. "Yeah she told me you were practically dragging yourself." "Was I really?!" I heard my brother hum against the phone. "Wow. Thank you Chloe."

I heard Chloe's giggle on the line. "Chloe I love you thank you!" I yelled into the phone. "Hey fuck off she's mine!" My brother said. "Well I have to go to class so talk later." I said into the phone. "Get coffee first, you'll need it." I nagged into the phone at my brother before hanging up.

With no strength to dress up, I put on black leggings with a NYU sweatshirt. I put my hair up into a ponytail and to add somewhat style, I added my hoop earrings. I grabbed coffee from my apartment kitchen. I checked the time on my watch, seeing 9:46am. "Shit!" I muttered. I quickly grabbed my book bag and ran out to catch a taxi.

It was 9:58 and with 2 minutes to save, I walked into my college class and sat next to my friend, Quinn. "How do you still have energy after last night?" Quinn asked as she was using her computer as a pillow. I chuckled at her, "I'm just built different."

Daniel came and wrapped a arm around my neck. "Hey whores!" He called out. He sat behind us, pulling his computer out of his bag. "Thank you so much for making me drink last night." He shot me a toothy grin.

The lights dimmed in the room as our professor entered. Our class started, studying and taking basic note, blah blah blah. I'm studying business so I can help my brother with our family business. He owns it fully for right now, but has said after I graduate we want to co-own.
My tío used to own it after my parents death, but still promised me and my brother the company once we come to age, mostly my brother.

After my classes, I went to our company building to surprise my brother. I stood in front of the 20 story glossy black building. I walked to the automatic doors, being my first time coming to see my brother.

"How many I help you?" A young lady asked behind the front desk. "I'm here to see Santiago Castillo." "Do you have a appointment?" "Well no." She lifted her head to look at me, eyeing my choice of clothing then look down at her computer again. "Well you will need to set up a appointment. The latest I can do for you is next week at 3 o'clock." "No you don't understand I'm his sister." She lifted her head and chuckled. "That's funny. So does 3 next week sound good?"

I spotted Chloe from behind the desk. "Chloe!" I called out to her. She spotted me and walked towards me. "Maya what are you doing here?" "I wanted to see my brother but I'm not allowed in with a appointment." I eyed the front desk lady. "Oh don't worry about that. Go on up he'll be happy to see you." I hugged Chloe as a thank you as I went to the elevator.

I stared at the wood door, a gold plate on the door saying 'Mr. Castillo'. I knocked four times, hearing nothing from the other side. My brother opened the door, wearing a navy blue suit. "Maya! So good to see you chica! I knew it was you from the knocking" My brother said proudly. I hugged my brother as we both walked towards his desk, sitting in one of the chairs in front as he sat in the leather seat.