Hidimba - 15

"Hello, my favorite people

"Hello, my favorite people. How is everyone doing? Before you all ban me let's start the chapter."

The storm was raging outside, making the whole Kamyaka forest still. No voices can be heard. Birds, animals, insects,s and every living being found a safe shelter to hide till this gets over. Inside both, the queens of Kamyaka were trying to get some sleep. After a while, Harshini felt some pain in her lower abdomen. Watching Hidimba almost sleep peacefully, she decided to not mention it. Despite all her futile attempts, she wasn't able to control it anymore then she decided to wake her up slowly. 

"Grandma please wake up. I am in pain."

Listening to her painful callings Hidimba shot up instantly. One look at Harshini's face was enough to make her feel how much pain she is in. After setting her comfortably in bed she calmly decides to explain the situation to her little one.

"Little one listens to me carefully. Don't panic, I think it's time. You are going to give birth. I want you to be calm, take deep breaths and muster your strength. You will need it tonight. I won't lie, it is going to be painful. To remain as calm as you can. I am going to look for our healer. Hopefully, I can bring her as soon as I can."

The young girl looked at her expectantly. Finding the terror in her old grandmother's eye she decided to keep herself calm and strong as much as possible. She has the idea after the painful loss of their family this is one such big moment for them. Both are worried but don't want to stress others by sharing It.

Hidimba went out to look for a healer but the weather outside made it almost impossible. The old lady who is their regular doctor resides on the other side of the forest near the border. In such bad weather going there to fetch her is a tricky job. Hidimba returned defeated with a determination to protect her last family on her own at any cost. She started a fire to heat the water. In between, she collected fresh cotton clothes. Before she finished the house was replenished with the painful screams of the little Harshini.

Hidimba rushed to her, waking her up and changing her dress into a comfortable one. She made a comfortable bed on the floor and placed her comfortably. Outside the storm is making the night scary, inside Harshini's pain is unbearable. Hidimba is getting scared with each passing minute.

The trauma and pain of losing came rushing back in full force. All this put her head in a haze and made her vision blurry. She wasn't able to understand how to handle such a delicate matter. She rushed to her home temple praying for the safety of both mother and child. She folded her hand and the tears which she controlled till now started falling freely. In another room, Harshini is in severe pain at the same time getting worried about Hidimba's absence.

One by one hard whole life passes in front of both the lady's eyes making them reminisce about all the major moments that happened till yet. After a while, the inner voice reminded Hidimba to gain control. She felt like the mother deity is ordering her to wake up and handle everything like she always did. She remembered her life. She wasn't the one who got afraid and gave up. She is a fighter who always fights till the last moment.