Meeting Zoe(Raven)

Pin and I were waiting for Mia to get back from her warm-up on Firefly while talking. "Star is there anything you would like for me to do?" Now you may be wondering why Pin would ask me, his girlfriend, if there was anything else I wanted him to do, but that is because his father works on the fields but he is sick today so Pin decided to lend an extra hand.

"Ummm, I don't think so. Do you want to come riding with me later?" He gave me a "well duh" look. "Of course, we always go together." "True but I thought I would ask anyways. I heard that Mr. Steel's daughter and granddaughters were coming for an extended trip."

Just then Mia rode up saying, "I just saw some girls with Fracis (Mr. Steel/Zoe's grandfather). I wonder if the teen girl will try to join the stables?" Pin and I looked at each other and back to Mia shrugging. "Either she will or she won't but whatever the case we will all be welcoming her to the island." I said this loud extended for most of the stables to hear but quiet enough that I wasn't shouting or yelling. Everyone nodded and the day continued.

We groomed the horses and set out the feed. We warmed each and every horse (and trainer) up and we made sure to check our to-do lists. Becky and Jade suddenly came up to me and started talking about an American French girl who lost her little pink wearing sister.

I told them to help her but that I had to go and calm Mia. She was almost in tears thinking she had disappointed me because Raven had gotten out on her watch. "Mia listen to me. I do not feel mad, upset, angry, disappointed, or anything else negative towards you. Am I a little worried? Of course but that is not your fault. I should have remembered to fix the gate and I didn't. You have nothing to be sorry for. Ok?"

She nodded and headed over to Marcus. I called Pin to update him on what was happening. He promised to keep an eye out around his house and the beach for Raven. "Marcus, you and Sam head down to the beach. Look for Raven there Pin will be keeping an eye out but I want to be thorough." He nodded and grabbed a med kit.

"Mia, you and I will ride around the island to see if Raven stayed inland. Becky, Jade please don't leave just in case Raven comes back of his own accord. And Edward if you could fix that fence I would greatly appreciate it." Edward came back after Pin left. Everyone nodded and we were off.

Mia and I rode around but we didn't see any signs of Raven so we headed back. A few minutes later I got a video from Sam showing Raven letting the new girl, Zoe, clip on a lead rope to his halter but refusing to move after that. Then Pin came down, took the rope, hopped on top of Raven's back so he was riding bare back, and rode Raven back to Bright Fields.

Just then Pin rode up on Raven. He jumped down and placed Raven back in his stall. Zoe went over to Sam and almost demanded that Sam find her sister. "Star," Sam called. I turned and cocked my head questioningly. "Could you show Zoe to the Hay Stacks there is wifi there and her little sister hasn't been anywhere else on the island."

I nodded and motioned for Zoe to follow me. Once we got to the stacks I saw a little girl listening to music and playing on a tablet. Zoe basically dragged the girl who I later learned was named Rosie, out of the Stables and back to their grandfather's house.

After the long day I'd had I went home a little early and fell asleep.