Close Up

Outfit above.

Today was the day that Sam had decided that the stables needed to do a photo shoot. Now normally, I wouldn't mind, but Sam wants Pin and me to be riding Daydream and Nightmare while Mia rides Raven.

Sam knows full well that Raven barely let's Marcus ride him. She also knows he completely refuses anyone else, so it has me a bit (ok a lot) worried about how he's going to react to this.

Sam started her speech about the photo shoot, which I completely tuned out until I heard, "Speaking of which, this is Zoe. She found Raven. I know Star has already talked to you all, but please remember to help Zoe feel really welcomed."

I looked over at everyone before turning and heading towards Pin who was trying to convince Raven just to let Mia sit on his back. Pin was having a little luck though so as I walked up, I grabbed a second lead rope. When I got up to them, I footsteps behind me.

I looked back and there was Zoe, with a giant smile on her face. "Sam told me to basically stand in the yard while Pin yells and makes Raven mad," she said. I just looked at her confused, wondering why she (or anyone) though Pin would be yelling at Raven (or any of my horses).

I shrugged it off and went to stand by Mia. "Mia," I called. "We going to trying something a little different. This is the lead rope we used when first training Raven, so it should help make this easier. Gently, raise the rope up to Raven's face so he can see and smell it."

She did as I said and Raven seemed to calm down a little. "Now," I said, still using a calming, soothing voice. "Put the rope on his back slowly." Again she completed this task and Raven calmed even more.

I guess that I forgot about Zoe and Pin being there because even though Pin's arm was wrapped around me, I still jumped when they started talking.

"Hey I'm Zoe." I was surprised by how loud she was being. It almost felt like she was trying to spook Raven but I pushed that thought out of my head. Why would she do that? Whatever the case, Pin decided to take her out of the yard while Mia and I finished up.

After what felt like only a few minutes Pin came back and pointed out that we were out of time. "Ok. Mia you should be ok standing next to him and maybe sitting on him if Pin or I are there but please be careful. I don't want you to get hurt." She nodded and off we went to get ready.

Just as I was about to change Sam came in. "Star can you do a reenactment outfit from the past. Like a woman pirate from past times." I thought for a moment and nodded. Then I went to dig out my outfit.

I checked to make sure that the outfit was ok with Sam and got changed

I checked to make sure that the outfit was ok with Sam and got changed. When I got done, I went to find Pin and the Terror Twins (Daydream and Nightmare). I found Pin and Zoe talking and walked over to them.

Pin saw me and kissed my forehead while wrapping me in his arms. That was how I knew something was wrong. "What are you doing over here? The shoot is about to start. Come on," I said pulling Pin with with me, though I was more talking to Zoe.

Pin came willingly and Zoe called out that Sam had told her to make sure that Raven didn't spook while Mia was on him. I was once again confused as to why Sam was acting so strange like wanting Raven to be ridden by someone he doesn't like.

I made a mental note to talk to Sam later and looked at Pin saying, "What was all of that about?" He shrugged and have me a look saying, "We'll talk about everything that's happened lately later." I nodded and we headed to our "places".

As we were walking up, I noticed that Mia was sitting on Raven and pulling at his reins. I called over to her softly, "Mia, gentle. Don't pull with Raven." She nodded and loosened her grip. Raven relaxed a little when she did and calmed even more when he saw Pin and me on the Terror Twins.

After that the shoot went perfectly though the photographer was acting a bit weird. I asked Pin to detack and cool off the Terror Twins and I asked Marcus to do the same with Raven. They both agreed and I went to speak with Sam.

"Sam, what is going on with you? First Zoe says that you wanted her to stand in the field while Pin was "yelling" at Raven, then you were being weird about my outfit, next you put Mia on Raven knowing he doesn't like anyone riding him, and finally, Zoe said something about you saying that she needed to be next to Raven while Mia was on him? What is going on?"

I ranted to her. She just looked at me and said, "First, I never said that Zoe should go to the field she told me that you requested her presence to 'teach her more about handling horses'. Second, I was stressed about the missing sedatives and forgot about that quirk of Raven's. Next, I thought that it would be easier to differentiate the owner if she was wearing other clothes. Finally, I told Zoe she needed to stay away from the horses during the shoot because it could be a distraction and it could cause them to spook."

"Wait. Go back to the sedatives part. What do you mean missing sedatives? All of our sedatives are in the cabinet except for the ones I told Pin he could take in order to help the sick Moor Pony he found. And why didn't you tell me that there was stuff missing sooner?" Sam just stood there. "What are you talk about? You just let Pin take the stables sedatives?!"

"Sam I will say this one time. You work for me and I own this stable. I can decide what happens to the meds that I buy and given that I told you that Pin sometimes needs to take meds, there was no reason for a freak out. I will ask Pin to let you know what he takes and when, but you need to remember that you are not the owner so you need to have a more open channel of communication from you to me or even Pin." She looked like she had been forced to eat a lemon but she nodded and agreed to what I said.

After that, I went to see if Marcus or Pin needed any help before I went home. Neither did and Pin offered to take me home on Elvis (Pin's horse). I agreed and that was how my day ended.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT AND I HOPE YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER.