Chapter 16- One in a Million

HOLLY POV

I woke up to the sound of silence. It was a calming silence though. The memories from the past two nights have been rushing into me like an avalanche.

I turned on the shower to scorching hot, trying to burn away the memories, especially those deep ocean-strong eyes.

When I got out of the shower, I drew a smiley face on my mirror with the condensation from the steam. I wrapped a fluffy towel around my body hugging the warmth into me. I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

I stepped into my cold room which immediately froze me to the bone. I dried off and headed to my closet and picked out an outfit. Today I am going to the library to do some last-minute studying for my test tomorrow. On top of that, I also have soccer practice later tonight.

I picked out some ripped mom jeans and a loose-fitting AC DC shirt. I put on some shoes and made my way to the kitchen. The calming silence was soon disturbed as my phone began to ring. The blinding screen enlightened the whole kitchen.

I got two messages, one from Richard who was checking up on me. I texted him that I was fine and that I was thankful to have him yesterday.

The other message from Drake, saying he will pick me up at 5:00 pm for my 6:00 pm practice. Drake always liked to be prepared and on time.

I sent a quick reply and headed out of my apartment after I grabbed a small breakfast. It was already 12. The library was a five-minute walk so it wasn't a hassle to get there.

I walked down the busy sidewalk and entered a less busy Library. I greeted the lady at the front desk and took a seat at a computer in the back.

It has been three hours since I got here! I have been studying like crazy. I'm going to leave in about ten minutes.

I opened a new tab to look up some practice exams. A familiar presence came up behind me, I didn't dare to look back as I could smell his amazing cologne. I wish I could smell it all day.

Holly stop! HE IS CREEPY! He probably kills people for money, or even for fun! He is bad news, your mother always warned you about these people!

"What are you doing here Elijah?" I questioned. Annoyance was dripping from every word

Elijah rested his elbow on the high table beside him looking down at me.

"Am I not allowed to see the most beautiful girl in the world!" He said with a smile on his face. His hair was neatly combed back and he wore a nice black and dark blue Armani suit. His muscles were pecking through his shirt.

"It's kinda creepy, you're like everywhere I am!" I stated as I looked around to see half the women looking at him with lust.

"Coincidence" He shrugged as he also looked around the room then back at me. Our eyes met and a little blush ran up my cheeks.

"Coincidence? Really?" I was starting to get annoyed.

Before he could speak I cut him off,

"Didn't you say you were here for four days? What a weird coincidence that we have seen each other every day!" I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"One in a million!" were the words he said. His smirk grew into a genuine smile as he looked down at my eyes, searching for my soul.

Before I could protest against him, an old friend of mine made his way over to me. His name was Rowan.

He is basically a hotter version of Richard, he is obsessed with me and has been since we were kids.

"Hey Holly, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me tonight? I think you're the most beautiful girl in the world!" Rowan questioned, he was a little cheesy but cute. He had dark brown hair that was neatly combed and had diamond blue eyes. We attend the same high school.