𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

You and Bucky flounced into the kitchen, you hanging off his shoulder and his metal arm wrapped gently around your waist with as much domesticity as either of you could summon

"Morning, Dad," you grinned at him, turning your head to the side and pressing an affectionate kiss to his cheek. "How are you?"

"Not great after seeing that," he muttered, hand now over his eyes.

"Oh, please," you rolled your eyes. "By the way, Bucky and I are going on a date today, so if you interfere you'll have to be scraped off three different walls."

You flicked your hand, sending a little Air magic his way to knock him off his chair onto the carpeted floor. Bucky laughed loudly, and the two of you headed down to the same cafe you went to for your previous 'date'.

- - -

"You're pretty good at this, Y/N," Bucky laughed as he recalled the look on everyone's faces. "After that, there's no way they'll think we're not dating."

"Yeah," you said in a weird voice that made him look at you.

You wished you were dating for real.

Bucky looked down at his phone, which had buzzed. "Oh. Sorry Y/N, I gotta go. Steve needs me for something."

"O-okay," you said. "See you later."

"You got it," he winked, and left the cafe. You sighed sadly, leaning on the table and playing idly with a sugar sachet.

"Bad date?" a stranger asked, taking the seat Bucky had just vacated. You looked at the man in surprise, taking in his kind look.

"Oh, no! We aren't dating, we're just ... friends," you explained, though the last word came to another sigh.

"I'm Dean," the stranger said, holding out his hand. You gave it a firm shake.

"Y/N."

"So, Y/N, may I take you to the fair downtown?" Dean asked, a hint of roguish charm in his wink.

You really wanted to get your mind off Bucky, and at this point, you didn't care about stranger danger. "Sure thing Dean. I got no plans for the rest of today."

He helped you up, and you walked on his arm to the fair.

BUCKY

"Steve?" I asked, pushing open the door to his room. I found him polishing the shield, a nervous habit he'd picked up.

"Oh, Buck!" he said, putting the shield down. "Right. Can I ask you a question?"

"Shoot," I said, finger-gunning in his vague direction. "Oh, sorry. Something modern Y/N taught me."

"Yeah, Y/N. Are you two really dating?" Steve looked right at me.

I really could never lie to Steve. "... no, we're not. It was a prank for the rest of you, Tony especially, because he thought we were dating."

"Thought so," Steve said. "And you still like her?"

"Yep."

Then I heard giggling. Y/N. Just the thought of her name made me happier than most things had the past century.

"Gotta go, bye." I said hurriedly to Steve, walking in the direction of the cute sound. I found her around the corner, and ducked out of sight. She was giggling on the arm of some other guy.

"Thanks for taking me to the fair, Dean," she said.

"The pleasure was all mine, Y/N," the guy - Dean - said. "Y/N, will you be my girlfriend?"

I suck in a breath.

"Yeah," she said. "Yeah, I will."

He kissed her, before leaving her there with a hug.

"Bucky!" she squealed, flying at me. "How long were you standing there for?"

"Uh, just got here," I lied. "Who was that?"

"Oh that's Dean, he's my new boyfriend," she explained. "I met him after you went to talk to Steve. He's really nice, and you and I aren't actually dating so..."

She had this strange look in her e/c eyes, that I definitely couldn't read.

"Oh. Oh, great, congratulations," I said awkwardly, my heart pretty much breaking in two.

Y/N

You didn't tell Bucky the real reason you said yes to Dean was to make him jealous. It was probably the wrong thing to do, but this was a test to see if he liked you or not. You were so lost in your thoughts that you ran into Tony.

"So sorry, Dad," you apologised, catching him off-guard with your sudden politeness.

"Too busy thinking about Barnes?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, ah no, we broke up, we're just friends now. I'm dating this guy Dean as of a few minutes ago," you explained.

"Who you just met?"

You winced. "Ah, yeah."

"Is he S.H.I.E.L.D.?"

"No."

"Super power?"

"Not that I know."

"Does he know you're a Stark?"

"Yeah but he's so kind anyway, not stiff like other guys."

"Okay," your dad sighed, not one to lecture about romantic practices. "He's better than Barnes."

"Right, thanks Dad, I was totally looking for your approval," you said, voice drowning in sarcasm. This time you pulled water from the tap and splashed it all over him.

"That was mature!" Tony yelled.

You flipped him off and walked away, though you still felt ridiculously guilty.

please continue to read, vote and comment !!