𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 - 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝

—— 𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 ——

—— 𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 ——

"Miss me already?" Charlie sat down onto the bed staring at the wall in front of her.

"Don't flatter yourself," Robin joked leaning up against the wall her phone was attached to. "My parents left for a trip," she paused tapping on the phone, "and I'm bored so I called you," Robin laughed at herself.

"So what I'm hearing is...you don't find me boring," Charlie laughed laying back on the bed behind her.

Robin rolled her eyes even though the other girl couldn't see. "Sure, something like that," Robin laughed.

"Well, I mean you called so I can't be that bad."

"Yeah I guess," Robins voice was a lot calmer now then to when she was joking around.

There was a silence between them. Not the uncomfortable kind where they didn't know what to say. They were comfortable just being in each other's presence.

"You should come over," Charlie spit out breaking the silence between the two. Almost regretting it immediately she puts her head onto the wall behind her as Robin was still quiet. She was sure she fucked everything up.

"Ok," Robin replied after thinking about it for a minute.

"Shit? Really?" Charlie asked surprised.

"Yeah. Why not? It'll be better than staying this empty house," Robin laughed into the phone.

"Ok, me and my brother will come pick you up," Charlie hung up the phone before they both said bye and headed down stairs.

——✰——✰——✰ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯

"Ro, we're picking Robin up," I grabbed the keys trying to walk out the door, but he takes them from me. This man I swear to god-

"It's dark. I'm driving," he starts walking out the door.

"Yeah, I know that genius," I roll my eyes before joined him outside walking to the car.

"Do you know her address?" he asked putting one hand on the wheel and the other on the stick.

"No...but I can tell you how to get there," I looked over at him giving him a look to back out.

"Ok," he said before backing out and me starting to give him directions to Robins house.

I was never a person that had people over. I'd usually be the one going over to others. Even at that I had only ever stayed at one persons house. Mary. My first best friend, she was how I figured out I liked girls in the first place. We even dated for a while. I'd say for 15 year olds a six month relationship is pretty long. It wasn't our choice to break up. In a way we were torn apart. Maybe that's a little dramatic, but she was forced to break up with me. Her parents thought I was a bad influence, they also thought we were just friends. I'd say in some ways I still love her and I might always have a part of me that does. I cant hold back my life over a person from three years ago though.

Maybe that's why I'm trying so hard with Robin now. At first I disliked her very much. I wouldn't use hate because that's a strong ass word, but it was definitely close. I'm not sure why though. Maybe it's because we're too similar and different at the same time. But I have the tendency to be mean to everyone....so it could be that. It's not on purpose though, it's a uh coping mechanism. If you don't let anyone in they can't hurt you. It took me a while to learn that so now I've stuck with it. But I guess I can not go with that this time.

Robin only lived a few minutes away so we were there in no time. I got out of the car to go knock on the door. After a minute or so she came outside.

—— 𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 ——

"Hey," Robin said with a soft tone and small smile.

"Hey," Charlie said back looking at the girl, "you ready?" she asked.

"Yep," Robin replied and they both made their way to the car. Robin took a seat in the back while Charlie sat down in the passenger seat turning the radio on.

Bye bye, Miss American pie.

Charlie mouthed as the song played softly in the background. The wind coming from the window as they made their way back home. Robins arm in out the window going up and down by the wind. The night was quiet with the exception of the ambience of nature.

"Welcome to my lovely home," Charlie said getting out of the car motioning to the two story home. It had been built in the early 70s when Charlie's mom had married James. A wealthy businessman that seemed to be the most perfect person which made the family and relationship look perfect.

It was far from perfect. At times the Smith kids thought running away would be the best at times. Their mom would always tell them 'don't worry. we'll leave him soon,' but they never did. They never left until last summer he went missing and was never found. Rowan was far gone by then, but Charlie was still there. She didn't know to be happy that the bruises would stop appearing or sad that the income would take a dramatic drop. She choose to pretend it didn't affect her in any way, keeping all emotions away.

"Lovely," Robin said putting the back pack on. They both made their way inside with Rowan following behind. Both girls headed up to Charlie's room quickly.
———
Robin sat on the corner of the bed as Charlie sat comfortably leaning on the wall behind her.

"You're staying the night you're not gonna be able to sit on the corner," Charlie laughed looking at Robin.

"I thought you were gonna make me sleep on the floor," Robin joked.

"Never," Charlie shook her head. "So, what do you wanna do?" the brunette looked at the other girl with a slight smile.

"Movie?" Robin suggested knowing it was something that could keep them busy without awkward things happen so fast.