Eternal Night

It was in the middle of the afternoon, and everyone in Axle City was gathered at the park to watch the special event that day; a solar eclipse. Among them are Blaze, AJ and all of their friends, whom are all gathered on a blanket, under a tree while they all excitedly waited for the eclipse to happen.

"Wow... this eclipse is sure gonna be something!" Starla said excitedly.

"I can't wait!" Darington squealed. "What happens in a solar eclipse, anyway?!"

"That's when the moon gets in alignment with the sun and makes it dark during the day," Crusher explained.

"Wow!" Pickle beamed. "I can't wait to see it! But hey, does it mean that we can look at the sun while it's being covered?!"

"It's still dangerous," AJ reminded, picking up a box. "But if we look through these glasses Blaze ordered, we'll be able to look at it,"

"Awesome!" Darington cheered as he placed on the glasses. "Thanks for the glasses, B!"

"No problem." Blaze giggled as he handed them all the glasses. "Always great to be prepared!"

"Look! Look!" Zeg pointed up. "Eclipse starting!"

"Glasses on, guys!" AJ told them.

They all nodded and placed on their glasses. They then glanced up and gasped in amazement as they watched the moon slowly make it's way towards the sun. The surroundings grew dark, and everyone was amazed as the moon blocked the sun and casted a shadow over their city.

"Whoaaaaaaa..."

The moon came to a stop for while on the sun, and they all waited for the moon to move once more. Just as they did, there was a boom, and dark fog began to spread all over the park.

"Hey... is this part of the eclipse?" Pickle asked.

"No... it shouldn't be..." Crusher frowned.

Suddenly, another boom came, and the group gasped as out of the fog, a truck with a midnight blue cloak appeared, holding a staff with a shiny gem at it's top.

"Who is that?!" Darington shrieked.

"Greetings, beings of this world!" the truck greeted with a toothy grin. "I am Solano, wizard of darkness, and I am here to give you all such a marvelous gift!"

"Ooh! I like presents!" Pickle squealed before looking around. "Where is it?"

"It is... the gift of night!" Solano exclaimed before blasting his staff towards the moon.

Immediately, the moon froze over in it's place, and the sun disappeared, causing the whole city to darken up. Crusher tensed and shivered at the moon being frozen over while everyone gasped in horror.

"Uh... tell me I'm imagining," Gabby panicked, "cause I swear I saw that guy make the sun disappear!"

"Oh, it is NO imagination!" Solano laughed wickedly. "Now, this city is in eternal night time, and it is all thanks to me!"

"Not cool! Give sun back!" Zeg pleaded. "Zeg no like the dark!"

"Oh, why should I?" Solano raised an eyebrow. "Without the sun, everything is SO much better! No sunburns, no light in your eye, no overheating of engines! Everything is better in the dark!"

"No! No one can see when it's so dark!" Blaze claimed. "Return the sun, NOW!"

"Oh, you beings and your demands," Solano shook his head. "I'd rather not. And do you know why?"

"Ooh ooh! Um um... uh... no, why?" Pickle asked.

"Because in the darkness, I AM THE RULER!" Solano let out a wicked laugh as he levitated in the air with his staff glowing icy blue. "You will all obey ME!"

Everyone in the park began to panic and began to drive away, scared. Solano merely laughed as he watched their pathetic escape attempts.

"What do we do, Blaze?!" Stripes yelled.

"We'll figure this out at your treehouse," Blaze told him before turning to the panicking crowd. "And don't worry, everyone, we'll fix this. Just stay calm,"

The crowd whimpered but nodded, trusting their local hero to help them out. Blaze sighed in relief before he and AJ led the group out of the park. Only Crusher stayed, still shivering. Pickle stayed by him, concerned.

"Crusher, are you okay?"

"N-No..." Crusher shuddered. "Ugh, why did he have to freeze the moon...?"

"Should we contact Moonbeam?" Pickle asked.

"No, not yet," Crusher shook his head and shakily stood up. "Let's go see what Blaze and his friends have planned first,"

"Okay. Do you want me to help you?"

"N-No... yes," Crusher sighed in defeat.

Pickle beamed and helped the dark blue truck out as they turned to follow the Blazing Team.