INTRODUCTION

Luca Paguro. A young sea monster of the Ligurian Sea. He was a boy who was confined to the ocean, having been kept there by his protective Mama and Papa. It wasn't like he disliked the sea, sometimes it could just get..boring and repetitive.

Unlike today, the families goatfish decided to escape from their rock barn. Luca had to go after and retrieve them, since they'd lost a few fish this season. The fish were insistent on dying or getting lost somewhere.

The green and blue sea monster was holding a sea weed decorated shepherd's crook, guiding his family's goatfish back to their kelp field so they could graze while he watched over them. "Alright, let's head out," Luca spoke, using his crook to direct the fish and kept them in line as he swam after them.

Beneath them, other, adult sea monsters were harvesting their giant kelp crops or feeding their crabs. They came in all different shapes and sizes. Some had long, elegant tails while others had large teeth that gently touched their bottom lips. Every sea monster had their own unique traits.

"Morning!" Luca greeted everybody who he swam past, smiling as he waved. "Your kelp looks like, sir." He complimented a kelp field as he swam past, gently touching his crook to some of his fish who wanted to fall out of line.

He had almost bumped into a female sea monster, who was around his age. But she didn't wear sea weed woven clothes, but human clothing instead. More specifically, a (F/C) shirt with (colour) polka dots and some baggy, jean shorts. She had (F/C) scales, (E/C) eyes and yellow sclera. Her fins were (Spiky/Smooth) and her tail was rather long. However, there was a massive scar running across her tail. "Whoops, sorry! 'Scuse me." She apologised quickly, swimming quickly towards the surface. Luca didn't even get the opportunity to apologise or ask where she was going, but smiled and shook his head before carrying on his journey.

Luca sighed softly when he reached his home, gesturing for his fish to follow after him. "Okay, we're home. Let me know if you need anything." The fish dispersed from eachother and spread out to chomp down on some nutritious sew grass. The glittery sea monster perched on the rock in the middle of the field, setting his crook down as he held his cheeks in his hands.

He began to blow some large air bubbles, watching as it popped and smaller bubbles floated up towards the surface. Doing it once more, he stared at his distorted reflection in the bubble with a deep exhale, popping it with his claw.

Then, there was a gentle ringing in his fins. Giuseppe, one of their most rebellious fish was swimming against something.

"Giuseppe?" Luca questioned, getting from his rock to investigate what the goatfish was doing. He gently shooed the fish away with his four clawed palm, looking down at a strange, metal circle with numbers inside it.

Luca gently tinkered with the hands, recoiling when something sharp pricked the side of his finger. Seems like the casing protecting the numbers was broken, because there was a little glass in his finger which he removed painlessly.

Out of the blue, the strange item begins blaring loudly. The blue and green sea monster dropped the item in suprise until it fell silent. "Hm." He picked it up again. But, there was a strange, flat item with diamonds and two numbers on it. Where these land monster items?

There was an infamous whirring up ahead. Luca's dark, amber eyes widened to see a boat skimming across the oceans surface. His large pupils thinned significantly and he barked orders. "Land monsters! Everybody under the rock!" He ushered the goatfish towards him and fins drooped softly, looking worried as he clutched his items in his hands. His tail was curled around him softly. Once it disappeared, he reemerged from the rock.

"Luca!" A female voice called. Luca tensed, looking at his alarm clock and card in his claws. Gritting his teeth, he hid them underneath the large rock he hid behind, burying them in the pebbles underneath so his Mama and Papa wouldn't see. Swimming upwards, he spotted his mother looking for him. Judging by the amount of sunlight coming through the oceans surface, he could tell it was lunchtime.

Swaying his tail, Luca swam quickly towards his families rock cavern home while gripping his crook in his claws. His mother was already there, her hot pink eyes softening to see her son. "You're two minutes late. Was there a boat? Did you hide?"

"Yes, Mom. I saw another sea monster, but she was swimming towards the surface. Isn't that dangerous?" He spoke, his fins dropping to see his Mama's reaction. "Oh, you mean (Y/N)? She's nice, but I wouldn't hang around with her. The surface is a dangerous place, it's not a place for us." She gently ushered her son inside so he could have some lunch.