Ch.4

(Sorry for the delay peeps! I've been busy! I also would really appreciate it if y'all checked out my new book, and dropped a vote there! It's for all you Friday night funkin fans!! Have a gud day! <3

(Y/N) and Luca glanced to eachother. Alberto seemed nice enough. In response to her questioning stare, Luca stuck out his bottom lip and gently shrugged his shoulders.

"Yeah, we can stay around for a bit! You can show us around your lovely island." The female gestured to the open space around them. Alberto immediately perked up, rubbing his hands together with a smirk. He gestures Luca and (Y/N) over towards bim beginning to jog up the hill. "Come on, ragazzi!" He calls excitedly.

Luca, barely used to his new legs, struggled trudging his way up the hill. (Y/N) gently grabbed his hand, helping him run up the steep hill. "You'll get used to running, don't worry, Luca!" She assures, coming to a halt when Alberto stops halfway up the hill. "Signora e signore, I present to you, my humble abode." He walks backwards to the top of the hill as he spoke, pivoting around on his feet to dramatically outstretch his arms towards the tall, cobblestone tower which stood tall, towering above them like a glorified statue.

"Mother of pearl.." Luca gawks, absentmindedly squeezing (Y/N)'s hand with a giddy smile. She makes a suprised 'oh' sound, looking down at her hand with a soft giggle. The young sea monster's eyes widen and he sheepishly pulls away, staring at his feets and wriggling his toes against the grass. (Y/N) looks away for a split second, feeling a pang of embarrassment in her chest.

Alberto was too busy basking in his pride to notice the two heat up from embarrassment. "Come on, (Y/N), Luca. I'll show you what I've got up there." He uses his thumb to gesture to the tower behind him. (Y/N) shakes off her embarrassment, stepping towards the tall tower. There were long ladders leading up to the top, all tied together to make safe passage. Reaching out her foot, she placed it on the ladder and extended her hand, grappling her way up. She became uneasy when the ladders shook a little as Luca and Alberto climbed up after her.

(Y/N) climbed as quickly as she could, rolling her way onto the wooden deck of the tower. She took a moment to stare at the fluffy clouds as they passed over the blue sky. Exhaling softly, she pushed herself up and stood to her feet. "You two almost here?" The female called, peering down at the boys who were making their way up. Luca was slower than Alberto, who was second up the tower.

There was a groan, but Luca followed last. "That's a..tiring climb." He spluttered, his knees wobbly underneath him as he had never used his legs like that before.

Alberto laughed, hoisting Luca by the hand and forcing him to stand up. "Do you think you need some human clothes? Your kelp shorts are bound to dry up in the sun." He rested his elbow hand, rubbing his chin quietly. "Come with me. (Y/N), you wait up here." The tanned boy grabbed Luca by the forearm, pulling him inside the tower by using the wooden steps that spiralled inside. Luca gave (Y/N) a gentle wave as Alberto tugged him inside.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑🐠๑ஓ ────── ⊰

The female sea monster was sat atop the tower, playing with the old firewood that that was still present in the fire pit. Extending a hand, she picked up a charcoal black piece of wood, holding it gently as it crumbled with the most gentle touch. She rubbed her fingers together, dropping the dusty remains back into the extinguished fire. She was awaiting Luca and Alberto, becoming a little impatient as they had been inside for at least fifteen minutes. "Are you two done yet?" She called, knocking on the wooden floor with her fist.

"Yeah, sorry about that." Luca gestured her inside. (Y/N) hurried to the stairs, stepping inside the tower. Everything was so well organised her! She also noticed Luca was wearing a white button up shirt with blue checkers scattered over the fabric as well as some plain jean shorts. However, he was fumbling heavily with the buttons. Alberto was just staring at a gramaphone, unsure of how to fix it as he mumbled things to himself quietly.

Stepping fowards, (Y/N) extended her hands towards Luca who was struggling.."Here, let me help." He made no protest as she began to button up his shirt, watching to try pinpoint how exactly she was doing it. Hold shirt, push button into little slit on other side of shirt. "You want your top button left undone?" She asked, her hands covering over the buttons which would've given style to the collar. Luca, having little idea what that meant, just nodded his head. "Yes please." He gave an innocent smile, looking at all of his shirt buttons in fascination.

(Y/N) gave a thumbs up, smiling. "What're you doing there, Alberto?" She looked over as the tanned boy huffed in exasperation. "I can't fix this magic lady singing machine!" He growled, giving it a little shake.

Luca saw a small, wooden handle on the table housing the gramaphone. Carefully, he picked it up and attached it to the side of the gramaphone, winding it up. "I think it should work now." His jaw was agape as music came from the strange device, keeping his ear close to the large horn emitting music.

(Y/N) suddenly remembered something, gasping as the boys turned to look look her in suprise as she spoke. "Wait, I think I might have some records for that! Hold on!"