Ch.5

(Sorry for the delayed updates! Finally got plenty of free time to write, so hopefully I'll be able to update this more frequently! There's also some music for you to listen to while reading! More specifically 'un bacio a mezzanotte'! ^v^)

(Y/N) scurried her way back down the tower, being mindful not to decorate her hands in splinters as she hurried gracefully down the ladder clutching to the tower. "And where are you going?" Alberto peers over the tower, causing (Y/N) to stop halfway and look up at him.

"I'm just grabbing some records for the gramaphone, Alberto! I won't be a second!" She called up, continuing her journey back to the ground.

Once she placed her feet on the earth, she hurried to the bottom of the island and jumped into the water, her scales, fins and tail appearing once more as the liquid soaked her body to reveal her sea monster form. Her tail propels through the water as she swims, dodging some small fish that failed to move out of her way. "Oops, sorry!" She smirked at the disgruntled gulps of the fish as she hurried back to her island to fetch a few records.

Once Isola Del Conch was visible, her fins raised with happiness. Scampering to the ground, she ran through the thick terrain towards her remote, run down hut. "Records..aha, there you are!" She grabbed a few random ones, holding them securely in her hands before hurrying back to the ocean.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑🐠๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Luca stands with Alberto, pursing his lips and swinging on his feet as he looked around the room they were in. Due to it being inside a tower, it was oddly shaped, yet spacious as it was packed full of human stuff. "So..you live here?" He asks, fiddling with his shirt as he watched Alberto stare at a poster, completely ignoring his question for a moment.

Alberto glanced at Luca, before actually answering his question. "Huh? Oh yeah, my dad's never around, so I basically do whatever I want." He shrugged his shoulders with little care. Luca nodded softly at his answer, his brown eyes catching the poster. "Vespa?" He read another part underneath the bold writing. "Is freedom?" He tilts his head, wondering what this all means.

"What's a vespa?" Luca turned to Alberto, who looked eager to explain everything. The more tanned boy extends his hands towards the poster dramatically. "Just the best thing humans have ever made! It can take you anywhere you want, in the whole stinking world! All you gotta do, is sit on it." Of course, being a sea monster, he wasn't aware of what ignition and fuel were.

Just as Alberto was going to continue speaking, there was a shout, something along the lines of 'I HAVE SOME RECORDSSS!'

Luca giggled quietly, knowing exactly who that was. Alberto rolled his eyes playfully, a little peeved that he had to cut his vespa speech short. "Look who's back so quickly."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑🐠๑ஓ ────── ⊰

(Y/N) shook herself free of water as she sprinted back towards cobblestone tower, records in hand. "I have some records!" She shouted, holding them up high in her hand. Reaching the ladders, she had to gently hold the records between her teeth, not wanting to risk dropping them. Once she reached the top, she dropped the records and hoisted herself up, leaning down to pick up the records.

Luca hurried to greet her, smiling bashfully. "We were just talking about vespas." He offered her a hand. (Y/N) took his hand, the sea monster hoisting her up. "Come on!" The pale boy pulled her inside the tower, gesturing excitedly to the vespa poster. Setting the records beside the gramophone, (Y/N) squeezes Luca's hand softly and looks at the poster.

"What does the vespa do?" She questioned, gently letting go of Luca's hand so she should return to the gramophone. Removing the current phonograph disc, she replaced it with the 'un bacio a mezzanotte' disk she'd brought along with her. Kneeling down, she carefully placed the needle onto the disk, allowing it to play through.

Alberto blinked in suprise, shocked she knew what she was doing. Perhaps she knew more about human stuff than he did! He gently tapped his feet to the music, swaying and moving his head. "How'd you work it so fast?" He asked, really getting into the boogie.

(Y/N) gently hums to the song, smiling at Luca who was in his own little world. He was dancing to the music, singing the words to himself. "Oh! My Mama and Papa showed me how to use it whenever they came up to the surface. But it's cool, right?" She exclaimed, beginning to snap her fingers to the rhythm of the music.

"Yeah, it's cool! Another question, have you ever been to the human town?" Alberto questioned, accidentally bumping into Luca, who stopped dancing for a moment.

The female chuckled awkwardly. But she replied honestly. "I have, but it almost cost me my tail when I was leaving. I'm not sure if you spotted the massive scar on it." She explained. Alberto indeed saw the large scar beforehand, but didn't want to comment on it when they first met. "Ohh, alright. But we're scar buddies!" He tapped her shoulder with a grin.

(Y/N) beamed with a giddy smile, honestly feeling a little reassurance about her large scar. It sometimes was a key for bullying, not that she would stand for it, of course. "Yes! That's one way to put it! However, if you'd like, I'd be more than happy to go back there with you two! But first..tell me about the vespa."

Luca had been looking at all the scattered items throughout Alberto's home. "Why don't we make one? I think we have all the parts." He gestured to the piles of human stuff around the room.

Alberto's green eyes lit up in realisation. "I do have all the parts! Let's do it!"